By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Kefka is a much better villain than Sephirioth. Sephy was little more than a demigod with delusions of grandeur. He was a boring character who never did anything unless it was part of his plan and never showed any emotion. Kefka on the other hand was quite the opposite. And FYI, he did play a part in the backstory as the first of Gestalth's Magitec soldier experiments (relating to Terra and the Espers, and indirectly to Celes, which is referenced in the scene on the floating continent). His madness was a result of that process, and above all else that symbolizes how the evil of the empire resulted not only in the destruction of the empire itself, but the entire world. Kefka also shares my philosophy on life, which is a plus.

But that said, he’s not much of a brawler, even in FFVI, so I don’t think he would fit in very well even IF there was a chance for him to turn up in Brawl.

naznatips: Well, that's you. I figure if Megaman wasn't in before, he most certainly is now after the delay. Capcom's recent Nintendo lovin' and the missing third third-party character is all the evidence I need. Feel free to think differently though. We've both been wrong about the roost (FYI, I didn't expect the Ice Climbers back, and you didn't expect Lucas).

Around the Network

giga bowser looks ugly!!!!

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Joemanji said:
Now I'm convinced they gonna change the boxart with Sonic confirmed as a selectable character

And I think chances of Megaman appearing is just as big as they will announce Street Fighter 4 exclusive to the Wii. Very possible but highly unlikely... just wanted to say that since the last time I doubted Sonic to appear they add him in hehe.

Why, Snake's not on it.

Because he's wearing his invisibility suit

Ah, nice footage of the lightsaber (or beamsword...) on the Metroid stage's video on IGN...missed that before.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

MontanaHatchet said:
Ha ha Naznatips, I laugh at your ignorance.

I know who Kefka is damnit. FFVI is my second favorite RPG of all time. I was complaining about GGE constantly suggesting Sephiroth. That said, Kefka doesn't belong either.

Around the Network

Wow Naz.  That gif is seizurific.

lol hopefully it doesn't cause any seizures. I'll swap it out for a non-flashy one.

Helios said:
Kefka is a much better villain than Sephirioth. Sephy was little more than a demigod with delusions of grandeur. He was a boring character who never did anything unless it was part of his plan and never showed any emotion. Kefka on the other hand was quite the opposite. And FYI, he did play a part in the backstory as the first of Gestalth's Magitec soldier experiments (relating to Terra and the Espers, and indirectly to Celes, which is referenced in the scene on the floating continent). His madness was a result of that process, and above all else that symbolizes how the evil of the empire resulted not only in the destruction of the empire itself, but the entire world. Kefka also shares my philosophy on life, which is a plus.

But that said, he’s not much of a brawler, even in FFVI, so I don’t think he would fit in very well even IF there was a chance for him to turn up in Brawl.

naznatips: Well, that's you. I figure if Megaman wasn't in before, he most certainly is now after the delay. Capcom's recent Nintendo lovin' and the missing third third-party character is all the evidence I need. Feel free to think differently though. We've both been wrong about the roost (FYI, I didn't expect the Ice Climbers back, and you didn't expect Lucas).

Dude you just made the wrong argument for the wrong character.

Sephiroth was a much better villain than Kefka. Kefka was little more than a narcasist with delusions of grendeur. He was a boring character who never did anything unless it was part of his plan and never showed any emotion except insane laughter. Sephiroth on the other hand was more developed. His madness was a result of the process by which all the other events in the story culminated in the current threat to humanity and the planet. Sephiroth was the focal point of where everything went wrong, where Cloud's story began and the iconic symptom of both tragedies which now enveloped the planet. Sephiroth symbolized not only how an evil empire and man's huberous threatened to destroy humanity but the world itself by exploiting powers they did not know and weren't familiar with. Kefka's background was tenuous in its relevancy, anyone could have been inserted in his place really, but Sephiroth was everything to FF7, he was the Villain and also the Hero's Hero. He was the tragedy, the hope and end result of all that had made FF7 what it was. Without Sephiroth there was no FF7, FF6 could have done just fine with anyone else in Kefka's place.

No matter which you prefer there is no denying Sephiroth's role as a character and villain was far more developed and interwoven into the story. His lack of emotion is a poor interpretation and in contrast to some one who only laughed maniacally, you're really just splitting hairs. 

Even then, Sephiroth is more popular than Kefka by a great deal, his place in Brawl would be far more justified. 

Yes, but let me ask you something GGE.

There are 2 third party characters in Brawl right now.

Snake, who appeared in a port, and whose creator begged on his hands and knees to get in...

and...

Sonic, who after the downfall of Sega has built his entire series on Nintendo consoles, and was the most popular pick..

But why would Sephiroth ever fit? At least Kefka was in a game on the SNES. Besides, it's not like someone has to have long, deep, and convoluted story to be in the game. Just because Sephiroth is a deep character doesn't meet he'd be any more likely as a candidate.

Sephiroth was a horrible villain.

Sephiroth's story: As a baby I was given small bits of Jenova's cells to make me a super soldier. Despite that, I grew up completely normal and became a soldier and everything was great. Then I find out my genes were missed with and say "What the hell, I might as well be insane." Then I get frozen in the Northern Crater while Jenova (the actual main villain of the game) kills Aeris and fights the heroes. Then, near the end of the game, I (for no reason other than being insane) try to drop a meteor on the planet.

Sephiroth was a ridiculously bad villain with a horrible plotline and a pathetic role in his own game. Jenova was a much better villain but even she wasn't worth a crap. Kirby had more of a personality than that two bit loser.