By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Okay, wow... I can't believe people are confusing those glyphs. The architecture in that stage is clearly Greek (trust me I was born in Greece). This is the 3rd different person who has called that the TP stage and as a Computer Graphic Designer I can not let that slide (sorry I know it was already corrected once). Those patterns aren't alike at all either. I guess it's a little harder for people who don't spend all their time working with different art styles to tell, but this isn't even remotely related to the TP art style. Just as the castle with the red roof tops is not the Zelda style either. It's Fire Emblem style. /nerd rant off.

What kind of update do you think we'll get tonight?

Around the Network

Yeah, perhaps I'm abit TOO familiar with the PC scene, and the game scene in general.

It gets a little bit embarrassing when my mates are talking about games and I start going on about how they made (I can't play games anymore, the whole time I spend analysing and working out how they done that particular part). It's also annoying that I'm always the pertson who is to be asked when it comes to release dates, but I kind of take it as a slight compliment.

Thank you naznatips.

As for tonights, maybe Meta-Knight. Really, him and ZSS need to get an update. I know one else likes those updates, but it lets me continue my avatars.

However, what i rreally want is to see the last course updates. They may hold the Fire Emblem one back, but I really want to see a few things. Namely the Zelda course. The Kid Icarus course(which is what the pic is). In the trailer the platforms broke but characters could still stand on the dust. I want some awnsers. The Haliberd(Kirby) mostly to see it's parrts. The Pokemon Stadium one too. Oh, and we still haven't seen Wario's.

Also, BenKenobi88, that statue was of Palutena, the Godess of Light from Kid Icuras(who Pit has to save).

Oh ok, I had no clue.

And Snake needs an update still.

So far we have Pit's level, Snake's level, Pokemon Stadium, that Haliberd thing level, the Fire Emblem level, and a Mario Kart level to be updated. We've seen all those levels in short clips already.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Update: Names

You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.

This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!
You can also use random names.

Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

We’ve made this game compatible with four different controllers:

You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Sounds cool.

It sounds like you can switch the button configurations around quite a bit...and saving info into Wiimotes would be cool if they can do it...but I can understand the difficulty of doing that...plus it wouldn't be that necessary.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

yeah, changing button configs sounds cool. Decent update. Time to go to sleep!

Fairly interesting update. That would definitely be cool if they can store it in the remote, but that's no problem if they can't.

I have two question about the remote thing though:
1) What if you use the Gamecube controller? I suppose you just don't care about it and make a name at your buddies place.
2) I thought the remote had internal memory for Mii's and for save games. I could be completely wrong about that though and could be made just for Mii's.

Cool update, i'm glad they made it configurable even if I probably won't use it.

If i remember correctly, only the Mii can be saved on the remote, however, you could encode a button mapping into a mii character, like if the hair is this type, then A is a grab, and then give a specific name to SSBB mii encodings. They probably wouldn't do this as it would be odd, plus they can probably do a system update to store more information on the remote.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Custom button configuration, phuck yeah, nice update :)

How much ROM has the Wiimote? Like 4KB am I right? That should be enough to store a button configuration...