By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

RolStoppable said:

Because I never really liked the Smash Bros. franchise. The first game had rubbish controls, I only spent a few hours on it. Melee was a great improvement over the first one. The controls still weren't as spot on as in other Nintendo games, but it was fun to play.

In order to convince me to buy this game, Brawl better is at least as much of an improvement over Melee as Melee was over the original. And Pikachu needs several stupid hats to choose from.

I will get to play this game at release anyway, at least one of my friends is getting it for sure, probably two. 

wow, cause in my opinion the controls were perfect to the game its self..this was no street fighter. it was a new brawler as of whole.

@ben: Batter up!! i cant wait!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Because I never really liked the Smash Bros. franchise. The first game had rubbish controls, I only spent a few hours on it. Melee was a great improvement over the first one. The controls still weren't as spot on as in other Nintendo games, but it was fun to play.

In order to convince me to buy this game, Brawl better is at least as much of an improvement over Melee as Melee was over the original. And Pikachu needs several stupid hats to choose from.

I will get to play this game at release anyway, at least one of my friends is getting it for sure, probably two.

If you didn't like the other Smash Bros...this one won't be much different...

I weep for you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I predict a Zelda level announcement this week.

EDIT:  Oh, no.  Count on the stupid hats.

I'm just saying...Brawl is going to be Melee, but much more fine-tuned and with craploads more content...characters, levels, modes, etc. 

Maybe I'm wrong, and it's going to feel completely new...there is the rumor of the Havok physics engine being used in this game...

Either way...you either love Super Smash or you don't...it's probably not going to change much.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I predict a Meta Knight Bio.

BenKenobi88 said:

I predict a Zelda level announcement this week.

EDIT:  Oh, no.  Count on the stupid hats.

I'm just saying...Brawl is going to be Melee, but much more fine-tuned and with craploads more content...characters, levels, modes, etc. 

Maybe I'm wrong, and it's going to feel completely new...there is the rumor of the Havok physics engine being used in this game...

Either way...you either love Super Smash or you don't...it's probably not going to change much.

What is this Havokl engine you sspeak of?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Smashchu said:

The Havok engine was developed by Valve and used in their game Half Life 2. As many developers have done before, they licensed their engine as middleware tool to other studios.

Middleware is used by developers to cut down development costs and time (i.e. studios don't have to develop a whole engine by themselves). The most popular middleware last generation was Renderware (developed by Criterion, used in their own games of the Burnout series and Black). Many popular games made use of Renderware, for example the GTA games.

The Havok engine is used to create realistic physics in games.

To expand on what he started, the Havok Physics Engine is one of the best realistic physics engines currently available in gaming. It's a quality engine for a quality game.

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
To expand on what she started, the Havok Physics Engine is one of the best realistic physics engines currently available in gaming. It's a quality engine for a quality game.

I am not sure how this assumption got started in the first place, but I am NOT a girl.

Sure thing, babe. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

RolStoppable said:
Smashchu said:

The Havok engine was developed by Valve and used in their game Half Life 2. As many developers have done before, they licensed their engine as middleware tool to other studios.

The Havok engine was created by the Havok company.  Valve used it as a basis for their physics in the Source engine.

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
To expand on what she started, the Havok Physics Engine is one of the best realistic physics engines currently available in gaming. It's a quality engine for a quality game.

I am not sure how this assumption got started in the first place, but I am NOT a girl.

Actually I know that, that was a typo lol

Edit:  The reason other people may not though is that you use a female avatar (Ron Stoppable would be a better choice, if twesterm didn't already use him).  Honestly that was a typo though.  I've been on the site long enough to know who you are :)

PS: ROFL Bod

That havok engine rumors makes no sense too me. As well as all the EGM rumors. I mean. cmon, Capcom making a PS3 exclusive? The only chance is that it is Monster Hunster 3, but I though that game was already announced ( check famitsu most wanted). And I thought that Kojimas next project was confirmed to be a Wii game, not a PS3 game. The PS2 wand has already been confirmed false too.

Sorry for the change of topic. As BenKenobi said, a zelda stage should be revealed soon. Maybe one that changes between Light and Twilight? That would be sweeeeeeeet.