By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I'm not sure we would get Sonic announced publicly. Unless, of course, the E4All Nintendo announcement rumor is true, were Sega fans will be very happy.

Conspiracy Theory:

I think that the only reason they haven't announced Sonic is to not steal thunder from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. That game needs as much hype as possible, whereas Brawl is a guaranteed Blockbuster. True, it will be the first time Sonic & Mario compete, but only because it is releasing before Smah Bros.

It was the trade-off for Sonic in the Brawl. Sega would be able to produce their own original game starring both Sonic and Mario for the Wii, in the hopes of capitalizing on the popularity of the gaming icons.

In return, Sonic was allowed to be a fighter in Brawl. Though he would not be the main focus, since he is one in many fighters in the game, his inclusion would make millions of Smash and Sega fans overjoyed.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
I'm not sure we would get Sonic announced publicly. Unless, of course, the E4All Nintendo announcement rumor is true, were Sega fans will be very happy.

Conspiracy Theory:

I think that the only reason they haven't announced Sonic is to not steal thunder from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. That game needs as much hype as possible, whereas Brawl is a guaranteed Blockbuster. True, it will be the first time Sonic & Mario compete, but only because it is releasing before Smah Bros.

It was the trade-off for Sonic in the Brawl. Sega would be able to produce their own original game starring both Sonic and Mario for the Wii, in the hopes of capitalizing on the popularity of the gaming icons.

In return, Sonic was allowed to be a fighter in Brawl. Though he would not be the main focus, since he is one in many fighters in the game, his inclusion would make millions of Smash and Sega fans overjoyed.

That's a pretty reasonable theory. It is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

DonWii said:

Conspiracy Theory:

That's a pretty reasonable theory. It is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also.... Woot! Double Update. For a second there, I thought we were just getting the "How To" Update.

I'm just a tad disappointed with Fox's FS.

First of all, I'm not sure how useful the cannon really is, considering the Landmaster is huge. However, the roll seems like a good fit.

Second, I was really expecting the use of his Arwing, or even an appearance from Peppy and Slippy in their Arwings to aid Fox. I had my doubts on whether or not the latter would happen, since it would be similar to Pit's FS.

Anyway...

DonWii said:

Conspiracy Theory:

That's an interesting theory. I would agree holding Sonic back to give Olympics more hype is not only smart, but is probably what's going on. In my eyes though, I beleive that these two games are unrelated now. Both parties would like to get involved in eachothers game, and this means more $$$. I think they only be related now to try and not steal hype.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:

^_^ I'm so happy!

He looks like a badass right there! I love his FS

Wow, weeks and weeks of waiting, and that's all you've to say?  That's a bit anit-climatical. 

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

You can now die in peace I Love Bacon... no, wrong one :P

And to whoever asked about Mewtwo, I liked to used him. I even won some tourneys with him :P

I'd prefer Lucario over Mewto.

Rubang B said:

Also, since Mr. G&W was the bestest awesomest secretest character from Melee, and the last one you get, I wonder if he'll be the same way in this one, since it won't be a secret anymore. Who can get more oldschool and secret than him though? Who can be the last unlockable this time?!?! Maybe THAT is where they hide Sonic?

I got Mewtwo last...

The final character to be unlocked will be a deck of hanafudu cards.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...