By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - On this night..The CONSOLE Wars Are OVER!-GAME OVER for Ps3 & XBox 360

azrm2k said:
TheRealMafoo said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kingofwale

I already have a PS3 & Wii...

I never said sell them but the SUPPORT will stop soon...

When a 3rd part developer proves they can make money on the Wii... then worry :)

Good point. 

Let's ignore M&S Olympic Games because even though Sega made it, it has Mario.

Let's ignore GHIII which sold 2.5 million which is a million more than PS3 because it's a multiplatform.

Let's ignore RE4 which is getting real close to 2 million when Capcom was shooting for under 500k because it's a last-gen port.

Let's ignore Carnival Games which well sell 2 million because we don't like casual games.

Let's ignore Sonic&SSR which outsold the Sonic games on 360 and PS3 combined because well Sonic has sucked for years.

Let's ignore both of the million selling RRR because they are minigame casual crap like carnival games.

Let's ignore RE:UC because it's an on-rail shooter and not a classic RE like RE4 (which we are ignoring above).

Let's ignore Lego SW because it's also multiplatform even though it outsold the PS3/360 counterparts combined.

Let's ignore MySims because EA is a horrible company.

Let's ignore Red Steel because it was a launch title so it sold easily. 

Let's ignore the fact that Wii has more third party million sellers than the PS3 because it has a larger userbase and we all know 3rd party developers only make money if their attach rate is above 33% and no less! 

But most importantly....

Let's ignore the fact that Wii developing costs are far cheaper so a million copies sold on Wii makes more money than a million sold on other systems. <-Wait that one hurts my argument.......

if thats the games you are using to prove you points,

thank god the HD consoles will survive. You can keep those though.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
disolitude said:
The console war may be over...but I will be playing my 360 and ps3(when mgs4 comes out) a lot more than Wii in the next few years...

Same here. I'm not buying a Wii I'm selling mine, anyone interested? If this shitty Mario Kart sold more than GTA IV then I underestimated how crappy people's tastes are again. Even though I've done so in the past so many times.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Everybody already knew the Wii would win but i dont think the wii will gobble up all the support from developers.I think all three consoles will be able to coexist nicely.

psrock said:
azrm2k said:
TheRealMafoo said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kingofwale

I already have a PS3 & Wii...

I never said sell them but the SUPPORT will stop soon...

When a 3rd part developer proves they can make money on the Wii... then worry :)

Good point.

Let's ignore M&S Olympic Games because even though Sega made it, it has Mario.

Let's ignore GHIII which sold 2.5 million which is a million more than PS3 because it's a multiplatform.

Let's ignore RE4 which is getting real close to 2 million when Capcom was shooting for under 500k because it's a last-gen port.

Let's ignore Carnival Games which well sell 2 million because we don't like casual games.

Let's ignore Sonic&SSR which outsold the Sonic games on 360 and PS3 combined because well Sonic has sucked for years.

Let's ignore both of the million selling RRR because they are minigame casual crap like carnival games.

Let's ignore RE:UC because it's an on-rail shooter and not a classic RE like RE4 (which we are ignoring above).

Let's ignore Lego SW because it's also multiplatform even though it outsold the PS3/360 counterparts combined.

Let's ignore MySims because EA is a horrible company.

Let's ignore Red Steel because it was a launch title so it sold easily.

Let's ignore the fact that Wii has more third party million sellers than the PS3 because it has a larger userbase and we all know 3rd party developers only make money if their attach rate is above 33% and no less!

But most importantly....

Let's ignore the fact that Wii developing costs are far cheaper so a million copies sold on Wii makes more money than a million sold on other systems. <-Wait that one hurts my argument.......

if thats the games you are using to prove you points,

thank god the HD consoles will survive. You can keep those though.

DAMNIT, you beat me to that. But yeah, if those will be Nintendo's third party support, I have no problem never considering getting a Wii this gen.

Heck, who knows what I will have to buy when third party realizes game quality is somehow relative to sales number. G 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think i will pass on getting a wii, none of the games out or coming out interest me in the slightest! Would only consider buying one if KH3 is on it, and even then i think i would just let it go... Cant stand the motion controls!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
disolitude said:
The console war may be over...but I will be playing my 360 and ps3(when mgs4 comes out) a lot more than Wii in the next few years...

Same here. I'm not buying a Wii I'm selling mine, anyone interested? If this shitty Mario Kart sold more than GTA IV then I underestimated how crappy people's tastes are again. Even though I've done so in the past so many times.

Nice trolling.Have you ever played mario kart? If so then how is the game "shitty"? Oh wait, because it's kiddy and there isn't any gunz. Am I right?

Hmm the games developers are all as hardcore as the players on the Xbox360/PS3. Thats my impression anyway. They don't seem to want to produce games for the Wii!

Actually I would say that the market for the big HD games hasn't shrunk at all really, just that the great masses of PS2 owners were really the equivelent of the Wii owners this generation. The only problem is that some of them would have bought games like GTAIV had it come on the system they purchased.

So really it doesn't matter, the consoles will get games that cater to their audiences and I would say that the Wii owners on this site are less representative of their user population than the Xbox360 and PS3 crowd.

Tease.

ckmlb said:

Ugh.... and people were upset when you were de-modded?

@bleu-ocelot

Everybody already knew the Wii would win but i dont think the wii will gobble up all the support from developers.I think all three consoles will be able to coexist nicely.

I agree.  I think people are overreacting to this a little too much in fact.  Guys like the R* CEO and Bioware guy who both publicly stated no interest in the Wii will not suddenly jump ship. 

some of these games remind me of those flash games in my browser when i beat them it takes me to some stupid websites.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think the NPD numbers are fake. Honestly I think they are trying to make us lose credibility because our numbers were inline with their own the last few months.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453