By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Extremely limited MGS4 bundle announced for NA

After a whirlwind of rumors and speculation regarding the limited edition PS3/MGS4 bundle and its potential appearance in North America, Konami officially announced the release as well as details on this "highly limited" bundle.

The bundle will retail for $599.99 and will come packaged with a Gun Metal Gray PLAYSTATION 3 system with a 40GB hard drive, Gun Metal Gray DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition game. The press release revealed that, "The bundle will be exclusively available at Konami's website, http://www.konami.com, for a MSRP of $599.99. Pre-sell for the bundle begins on May 19, 2008, and limited supplies are available."

If you haven't picked up a PS3 yet or you're just a huge Metal Gear Solid fan and you feel this is a necessity, then keep your browser ready for May 19 when the preorder goes on sale. There will also be a regular edition PS3 bundle with MGS4 which will be released in stores but that bundle will not be including the gunmetal PS3 or DualShock controller. This limited edition bundle will ship on June 12, 2008, the release date of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

http://www.psu.com/Extremely-limited-MGS4-bundle-announced-for-NA--a0003675-p0.php

Around the Network

This is pretty lowball but hopefully the regular 80 gig one is still $500.00.

pretty expensive paintjob, clearly this is aimed at the hardest of hardcore MGS4 fans. I wonder how many will they have. 4444 seems to be a good number.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I'm loving the bundle box-art.

Very eye-catching.

I'm sorry but I would rather stick my dick in a hot waffle iron than pay $600 for a 40 gig PS3 and one game.

The paint job is nice but the 80 gig with regular MGS4 is being offered on SonyStyle.com for $499. That is soooo much better. At least you get BC with the 80 gig, not to mention the extra USB ports and whatnot.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
I'm sorry but I would rather stick my dick in a hot waffle iron than pay $600 for a 40 gig PS3 and one game.

The paint job is nice but the 80 gig with regular MGS4 is being offered on SonyStyle.com for $499. That is soooo much better. At least you get BC with the 80 gig, not to mention the extra USB ports and whatnot.

I guess they're trying to recoupe losses from those bundles.

rocketpig said:

I'll give you the $600* if you stick your dick in a hot waffle iron.

*vg$

This is for the hardcore. Not uncommon.

''Hadouken!''

Played_Out said:
rocketpig said:

I'll give you the $600* if you stick your dick in a hot waffle iron.

*vg$

haha Yeah, this is a ripoff compared to the other bundle. Seems to me that you should sell the 40GB with limited edition for $500...so you choose between 80GB or limited edition of the game. This makes me glad that I alredy hav a PS3 so I can just get the LE version of the game.

you could buy the 80GB bundle and then an extra copy of MGS4 LE, sell the other game, and it would only cost you about $530.