By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Extremely limited MGS4 bundle announced for NA

rocketpig said:
I'm sorry but I would rather stick my dick in a hot waffle iron than pay $600 for a 40 gig PS3 and one game.

The paint job is nice but the 80 gig with regular MGS4 is being offered on SonyStyle.com for $499. That is soooo much better. At least you get BC with the 80 gig, not to mention the extra USB ports and whatnot.

And yet this $600 ps3 is still a better value than the halo 3 xbox that didn't include halo. Fans are basically paying a $120 premium for an extremely limited edition console. As far as I understand, it won't be sold in stores and only available through konami.com.

People seem to forget this is a collector's edition for the really hardcore fans. It wasn't created to be a good value.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

^the value is in itself being a rare item. Japanese gamers get lots of this kind of stuff all the time....America on the contrary does not, and we may get a clue reading around here why....

^ Agreed.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

It's a terrible deal, though.

windbane said:

I think the point is, it isn't a "deal". It's marked up in value due to "limited edition awesomeness" or something. A deal usually implies that there's a savings involved.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

1/ the paintjob is REALLY limited

2/ no, this is not done for hardcore gamer,
this is done to get lot of money !!!

Time to Work !

Magnific0 said:
It's very limited, that makes it a very rare collector's item. It's not like it's the Halo 360.

Assuming you were replying to me... that's exactly what i said.  If it wasn't limited it would be the Halo 360.

Guess this likely blows away the "The Bronze PSP is really made out of bronze!" arguement.  Though SSJ is the only non banned member to still suggest that to my knowledge. 

Frodaddyg said:
windbane said:

I think the point is, it isn't a "deal". It's marked up in value due to "limited edition awesomeness" or something. A deal usually implies that there's a savings involved.

Well you are saved the "trouble" of having to play through the extra two PS3 games you could of bought had you went with a normal system.

Kasz216 said:
Frodaddyg said:
windbane said:

Well you are saved the "trouble" of having to play through the extra two PS3 games you could of bought had you went with a normal system.

Right, but that's precisely why it shouldn't be looked at as a "deal". Konami knows people will pay a ridiculous premium for a "limited edition" paint job, despite it having no practical value. The uber-1337 collector will gladly pay an extra hundred for something like this. I'm not saying it's right, or smart, but people do it.

Christ, ever checked the price of Beanie Babies? Limited Edition ones of those things cost a frigging arm and a leg, and they have NO use. At least the limited edition PS3 still plays games.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

ameratsu said:
rocketpig said:
I'm sorry but I would rather stick my dick in a hot waffle iron than pay $600 for a 40 gig PS3 and one game.

The paint job is nice but the 80 gig with regular MGS4 is being offered on SonyStyle.com for $499. That is soooo much better. At least you get BC with the 80 gig, not to mention the extra USB ports and whatnot.

And yet this $600 ps3 is still a better value than the halo 3 xbox that didn't include halo. Fans are basically paying a $120 premium for an extremely limited edition console. As far as I understand, it won't be sold in stores and only available through konami.com.

People seem to forget this is a collector's edition for the really hardcore fans. It wasn't created to be a good value.

Actually IMO, the Halo console was a better deal. At least that came with a $30-40 headset so you were only paying $10-20 for the paintjob (which was ugly as sin, I might add).

Still, both were/are stupid. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/