By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is EA finally understanding the Wii?

amp316 said:
Hopefully Boom Blox doesn't flop too hard so EA keeps putting out the same game you bought last year.

If EA came out with Boom Blox 2, featuring more multiplayer levels, online play, and an even more powerful level editor, I would dutifully find my local videogame retailer and smack down $50 on the counter.

Also, try to tell me that SSX on the balance board wouldn't be awesome. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I expect 08 to be a big year for EA - MySims Franchise has now shipped 2.8 million to retailers (Wii and DS) so they have a popular Nintendo franchise to build upon, 2 games announced for Wii Board and we know we're gonna get an SSX (I reckon it'll be a collection of every course ever featured on the SSX series), Skate it, Boom Blox, Fifa has to step up now Pro Evo has shown the way, Tiger Woods will be online, Maddens will be it's finest yet.

Whilst others like Ubisoft and Capcom have gone very quiet recently it seems EA are taking the Wii very seriously.

I really like what EA is doing on the Wii... The Godfather BlackHand Edition was/is awesome!

And so is SSX: Blur!

And Boom Blox for that matter!... 

THE NETHERLANDS

EA rocks on Wii.

Godfather Blackhand edition is IMO better than San Andreas (although I have only played about 10 hours of the last). Yes, I know it is a new gen, but still, it is the best sandbox when it was released.

My Sims is cool, I played it at my friend's.

Tiger Woods on Wii is the best golfing experience in video-games ever.

I'm going to buy Boom Blox

And EA playground is said to be great, a game on par with Wii Sports, and it is 24.99 dollars, so not a rip-off.

Medal of Honor: Heroes is the third/fourth best multiplayer experience on the Wii, and perhaps the best 3rd party.

EA FTW!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Let's wait before we give EA a good mark. Boom Blox is not very EA. It is Steven Spielberg own... Hopefully the next Madden, Tiger Woods and Skate It games lives up...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network
famousringo said:
amp316 said:
Hopefully Boom Blox doesn't flop too hard so EA keeps putting out the same game you bought last year.

If EA came out with Boom Blox 2, featuring more multiplayer levels, online play, and an even more powerful level editor, I would dutifully find my local videogame retailer and smack down $50 on the counter.

Also, try to tell me that SSX on the balance board wouldn't be awesome. 

That's not what I meant. I meant that they put out things like the same Madden game every year. I would love a Boom Blox 2 or another SSX with the same control scheme and difficulty as the last one. Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

This is probably in the context of the statement EA released last year. They made some great profits, but acknowledged that the consensus in reviews of their games was on the low sided and wanted to see this changed. I believe the titles mentioned really show that EA is at least trying to uphold the promiss made last year.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

EA isn't that bad they just slipped up on a couple of games

Boom Blox is on the cusp of either fading away completely or having good legs to 500,000...

Obviously the latter would improve the chances of great EA games coming to the Wii

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

EA makes some good games,but they also make alot of bad ones,but i dont mind as long as they release good games and i really hope that boom blox sells really well

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"