By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Developers praise PS3s superior power.

johnsobas said:
they can say whatever they want, but why would you say something bad about a system you have tens of millions of dollars invested in? If someone is being paid to tell you something is good, doesn't that affect how much you will believe them? I would take these comments with a grain of salt.

So...... I guess when any dev says something positive about the Wii or the 360 you treat it with the same healthy dose of skepticism as well?

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

I wonder what remnant would look like if it was a PS3 exclusive, companies are making the same games and putting them on the 360/PS3
Silent Hill looks Awespme!

BenKenobi88 said:
footbag said:
Wii = bicycle. It can't go as fast or far, but it's more about the ride then the destination.

K....well, if you guys are going to whine to me about weezy bashing Sony, then there should be no Wii bashing in a Sony praising thread, that doesn't make sense.

You PS3 fans can talk about how you like Sony, but bashing the Wii or 360 doesn't have a place here, or in any thread for that matter.

Not sure if you are talking about me.  I wasn't bashing the Wii.  I have a Wii and I like it.   I bought my brother one for Christmas.  I have a 360 and will get a PS3 as soon as Sony convinces me to.  I see a place for all 3 consoles, and I hope they are all successful.  This would be the best thing for the gaming community in general, IMO.  

I'm kinda odd when it comes to my own fan-boyism.  I hate Microsoft because of Windows, but they've redeemed themselves with the 360.  I hate Sony because every Cybershot I've bought has broken, but 5 years of College and PS2 has more then made up for that.  And Nintendo...  Well...  Its more about the ride then the destination.  

I do think that the discussion should allow debate.  Debating something you belive to be true only makes your argument stronger.  As soon as your see yourself exiting the debate and entering name calling;  You should move on to your next debate.   

Blue3 said:
funny no wii fanboys baned yet.

how about this place gets some real mods.

I don't want to "bane" anybody.

And would you like to be a moderator?  Here, why don't you just take my job.  I'll just quit, cause I'm clearly a fanboy.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

"funny no wii fanboys baned yet."
lol.. here we go again..   "teh wii boys! Dey are in cahoots wit teh mods!"

"how about this place gets some real mods."

that was not cool bro..the mods do a superior job. they have to listen to alot of whiners, dumb members(like me) etc.
they rake out the true ppl who need to get banned and the ppl that dont need so,cause we have some intellectually,unsocial members who always b!tchin about something.

oh and btw PS3 ROCKS@!@!^@!&%@&^@!$%^$@!&^@!@@!!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:
funny no wii fanboys baned yet.

how about this place gets some real mods.

I don't want to "bane" anybody.

And would you like to be a moderator? Here, why don't you just take my job. I'll just quit, cause I'm clearly a fanboy.

hey i can be a mod for the Sony forum, you should only be a mod in the wii forum, stickballs should only be a mod in the xbox forum.

only people with all 3 consoles should be mods for the whole website.

but i guess that would be biased. 

How about some developers who aren't in Sony's harem? lol.

Blue3, just ignore them. =)
They are fanboys, don`t have a life, poor people.

They have their opinion, which won`t change till some great games like MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, KZ2 are released.
Also UT3 running on ps3 and looking same or better then x360 version.

Till then, you are just wasting your time, you won`t prove them anything.
But PS3 games will. :) Anyway, ps3 is a must-buy console, and if they are gamers, they won`t be able to ignore it, and will have to buy. =]
Just some time will pass.

Sony is also under the mistaken impression that including the ability to play DVD movies is a huge selling point. But true technophiles and hardcore gamers probably already have DVD drives. I'm a good case in point. I already own a Sony DVD player, so I could not care less if the $299 PS2 can play movies. I'd rather pay less and get a machine that just plays games instead.

In comparison, the Sega Dreamcast sells for $149 and has a giant library of games already available. Sega also has an online game network, Seganet.

The real wild card here, though, is Microsoft, which plans to release its X-Box game system next year. The X-Box will have even more powerful hardware than the PS2, and Microsoft has the marketing muscle and rapport with developers to do the PS2 real damage. Unlike Sony, Microsoft is taking great pains to make sure the X-Box is easy to make games for -- developers will also be able to easily port games from the PC to the X-Box, thus insuring a huge supply of games.
-- Oct. 27, 2000
you see, they acting like fanboys(SonyHaters) of year 2000. =))
Nothing changed, but ps2 still sold over 110 mln., like psOne did. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The accusation of fanboy can be handed both directions, don't be so quick to call names.

Gballzack said:
The accusation of fanboy can be handed both directions, don't be so quick to call names.

So you are not a Sony Hater ? =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far