By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA net income per plattform for the last quarter.

It is a one-two with Sony. 1. PS2 166 million. 2. PS3 152 million.
Go PS3 Go
BTW: PS3 152 million V's 360 only 128 million. Another win for the PS3 by 24 million.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Imperial said:
The Sony platofrm seems to be EA's main source of income , shame that doesn't reflect in the exclusive support.
What exclusives ? :o EA has exclusive ? :?

Aren't Biosock and Mass effect owned by EA ?

These are "net revenues"... I'd like to see more data on how they got these numbers...

But on net income:

If one platform is the "lead development" platform, the cost to develop will be far greater. To "port it" to the second platform is a far less costly event. I don't know how EA accounts for the cost of development across multi-plat titles but that could be a big factor. Imagine development of a PS3/360 exclusive "big budget game" -- say some big shooter. Assume it cost $40 million to develop for both platforms and the PS3 was the lead platform. The development of the game includes creative work, development, management, and so on... Say $30-35 million of the total was consumed in making the "initial" version and then $5-10 porting it to the 360. Assuming they make no "adjustments" to the cost of development for each platform to spread the cost of development and the titles both sell 1 million copies, clearly the 360 version will be more profitable.

I suspect they do "allocate" costs, but to what degree is anyone's guess. I wouldn't read too much into these numbers without knowing the breakdown of costs.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I wonder how much Rockband and big releases (with large development costs) skew these results ...

Income doesn't take expenses into account, so the figures here don't tell us how much money EA actually made off each platform.

Around the Network
reverie said:
Given the market trends, EA is going to be in a lot of trouble if they don't improve their Wii output.

Or it could very well be the other way around, there are plenty of dev's (in fact, most) that are still skeptical and hesitant towards the Wii.

lol the big difference is marketing for EA, you can't market Madden for the WiiPS360 the same way for obvious reasons.

But EA doesn't want to miss out on even a penny of the sports games on that side.

Right now Nintendo basically has monopoly on that sides genre.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Imperial said:
hunter_alien said:
Imperial said:
The Sony platofrm seems to be EA's main source of income , shame that doesn't reflect in the exclusive support.
What exclusives ? :o EA has exclusive ? :?

Aren't Biosock and Mass effect owned by EA ?

They are now, but Microsoft already had exclusive agreements for those games before they lapped up 2K and Bioware, and EA can't interfere with those.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

THAT little on the DS?