By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 is looking disopointing

psrock said:
this is not starcraft. Starcraft may be a troll, but he is an intelligent troll.

Those only exist in like the 7th dimension lol

@selnor

you know that MGS scenes are always in-engine right? Much like how UE3 game's cutscenes are always in-engine

Around the Network

I dunno it seems like a silly post anyway :P Style wise they're 2 different games, if anyone's watched a gameplay trailer for MGS4, they know that comparing effects for the 2 are worlds apart, MGS4 has explosions occurring all over the place, particle effects being blown out here and there, swarms of enemies blanketing the sky at a time, and as you guys have noticed the immediate switch between cutscene and gameplay, it's almost like the entire scope of the land is being rendered on the fly, and I'm sure you guys have seen the size of that initial city. They're just worlds apart. Gears of War 2 looks FANTASTIC, but it looks significantly worse than the cutscenes and character models of MGS4 in my opinion. BOTH games however retain an awesome sense of style, and that goes a long way for Gears.

Also note, this City area is ONE portion of the game :P The war-torn effect is probably there for a reason. You ARE in a desert, and you ARE in a war, and buildings/ruble ARE being tossed around like mad style :D it looks pretty accurate to me xD, maybe gears of war could use more of it XD. I kid I kid. I can't wait to see what Kojima does with the other area's of the game :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.