By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Legs > GTA IV Legs in NA

montana is the voice of reason once again.

Around the Network

Still, based on threads going back a month, MANY people were expecting the drop off to be lower for PS3 than 360.

MontanaHatchet said:
MANUELF said:
@Montana
MK sell forever, GTAIV wil stop selling with a new GTA.

I spy, with my little eye, a certain game at #33 in the European charts. Mario Kart will have long legs, but forever is a definite overexaggeration.

I say GTAIV not SA, ok, maybe forever is a exaggeration, only sell until a new console.

Yeah well I'm pretty sure Mario Kart will keep on selling long after GTA4 stopped selling.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

MontanaHatchet said:
MANUELF said:
@Montana

I spy, with my little eye, a certain game at #33 in the European charts. Mario Kart will have long legs, but forever is a definite overexaggeration.

GTA San Adreas didn't becoem popular again until the last few months when GTA IV hype built up.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

The Nintendo fans' crusade on GTA continues. 2 weeks equal an eternity for judging the 'legs' of a game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Nintendo Zealot said:
MontanaHatchet said:
MANUELF said:
@Montana

GTA San Adreas didn't becoem popular again until the last few months when GTA IV hype built up.

Okay then, let's assume that in this case, a few months means three months. So sales for San Andreas have only been showing now and have only increased because of the GTA4 hype.

Now, look at the American chart for the week ending December 22nd, 2007. 

If you search by the PS2 platform, you'll notice that San Andreas is at #10 with approximately 60,000 sales for the week. Now, this is the holiday season, so sales for many games will be high. But one thing you have to remember is that the chart being mentioned is more than 3 years after the launch of San Andreas.

And the recently adjusted numbers for San Andreas show up that it might have been selling a bit more than we thought. It's a game with tremendous legs, and although GTA IV might not show the same amount of sales, the Grand Theft Auto series is definitely one that can be associated with having legs. 

*in meek voice*

I have a question:

Why does anyone care?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
*in meek voice*

I have a question:

Why does anyone care?

I wanted to lock it for this very sentiment.

Then again, I say this is fair simply because of that stupid thread about GTA IV "owning" MK Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs