By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Legs > GTA IV Legs in NA

Mario Kart Wii dropped 66.4% since last week

GTA IV sales combined dropped 68.7% since last week

360 version only dropped 65.5% while PS3 version dropped 74.1%. 

So as far as legs go: GTA 360 > MK Wii > GTA PS3

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

That's actually pretty disappointing on Mario Kart's part.

@Montana
MK sell forever, GTAIV wil stop selling with a new GTA.

I agree its pretty bad for MK to have that big a drop.

Hopefully it will hold up pretty well next week.

MANUELF said:
@Montana

That isn't really relevant. Mario Kart Wii will also stop selling when a new version of it comes out.

Around the Network

A new GTA won't be out for quite some time though so that's not really a concern. And it's a little hasty to judge legs with just 2 weeks of data isn't it?

MANUELF said:
@Montana

I spy, with my little eye, a certain game at #33 in the European charts. Mario Kart will have long legs, but forever is a definite overexaggeration.

I wouldn't start judging the "legs" of a game until it has been on the market for (at least) a couple of months ...

I am not saying mario Kart won't have better legs, as I could see either game having larger legs, but what has it been? 2 weeks? When talking about something having long legs, it usually means over a long period of time. isn't it just a little early to be anylising this? for all we know after such a huge week in the first week GTA4 could have been in short supply last week.

Besides, when we refer to a videogame as having "legs", it usually means that the game can run, or sell, for a very long time at a consistent rate. Two weeks of sales with very similar dropoffs means absolutely nothing at all.