By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PS3, power may only be exploited on a couple games!

Got to thinking, everyone that has a wii only are contemplating about a 360, or ps3 owners have all 3, whatever,

Anyway, I was thinking, with the lack of exclusives on the PS3, It looks like it will end up with only a handful of exclusive games, if that. Because of the lack of exclusivities, it looks like we may not get to see the full power of the PS3 showcased. The 1st gen titles that have come out are good. The 360 has had 2 years to build a library and get familair/tap the power.

The PS3 on the other hand, may not get the tapping of power chance, if developers make a game available for the 360/ps3. Some developers(might happen) may even make a game for the wii, and port those to the PS3 and 360 thus downplaying the graphics on the PS3 and 360. Has any one else thought of this yet?

ratchet and Clank looks pretty good, and its a 1st gen title for the system. The PS3 looks like it will have few of the Ratchets.

It is going to Have RE5, which looks nice, and FF13.....BUT! Will they be exclusive?, or eventually ported? Or even released on another system??....they do not have release dates yet. In closing, RE5 and FF13 stil do not have release dates.......think about it. Even if they end up on the PS3, How many die hard people would buy a PS3 +an extra $60 for one of the games??

Around the Network

I swear, every month, you learn something worse about Sony and their Playstation 3. When will it stop?

RE5 is in development purgatory for all we know...if and when it comes out, I'm sure it will be 360/PS3, if not some sort of Wii version as well. I'm sure PS3 will get a few exclusives that just either can't be done on a 360, or they're just plain exclusive, and look amazing. But it's just a few games in the end, and probably won't persuade most of my friends to get a PS3. We're fine playing Wii and 360.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Although I do want to end up with a PSWii60, I am just not as interested in the PS3, or 360, as nearly as much as I am in the Wii.

Hmm, ben, you think they could actually port the RE5 to the Wii??? the gamecube version plays on the WII(RE4) But didnt capcom say RE umbrella was hard to get the controls?

Around the Network

This should answer your question: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/20/former-clover-members-now-working-on-resident-evil-5-new-wii-ga/

Wait a second.... clover employees mostly worked on Gamecube games (there were a few PS2 games but most were for the cube). Given the fact that the talent set knew how to program for the cube the best, should we accept the possibility that the team was brought on board the RE5 team to make a Wii version of the game? Also dpmnymkrprez, Capcom wanted to make Umbrella chronicles to appeal to the casual audience a bit more to try and bring casuals into fans of the series. Hook the casuals on easy controls, and a fun game and perhaps they'll be interested in picking up a more complex RE game in the future. They never said it was too hard to make proper controls for the game and if RE4 Wii proves anything is that Capcom knows exactly how to make the controls work with the game style.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Not really, it is just things we already know, the article was written in February, and it just discusses RE5 which i sPS3 bound, and the new RE4 port to wii motion controls. RE4 looked good on the cube, if the graphics were a tad better and RE5 was ported to the Wii I might hold out on getting it for the Ps3

That doesn't really answer anything. Unless you are misreading the title. It actually says Clover members working on Resident Evil 5 and an as of now un-named title for the Wii. Not that RE5 is coming to the Wii, just that when clover split up they were sent to other projects which included RE5 and an un named Wii game. As for the thread in general, all PS3 exclusives are hard to maintain at this point. PS3 doesn't have an installed base so they are kinda screwed. Atleast for now. I would not be surprised at all to see those titles lose exclusivity.

Yeah , they are defiantely losing titles left and right, I am just wondering if they have something up their sleeves for E3,(doubt it)