By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PS3, power may only be exploited on a couple games!

freedquaker said:
Unless PS3 dominates this generation and/or lasts for at least 5 years at number 2 in front of Xbox360, it will only rarely outwitt Xbox360 in terms of graphics in spite of superior hardware, because of excessively unfamiliar and complicated hardware as well as very high and lengthy production cycle.

aAgreed, and if 360 drops their price, they actaully might penetrate japan, especially if ps3/360 games will be on both systems.

We might start to see more market penetration for the 360.

Around the Network

I don't understand how so many like the Wii. There's absolutley nothing on the Wii that's interresting to me, I'll take a 360 and PS3 over the Wii any day.

The only good game is Zelda, wich is a Gamecube game with slapped on Wii controls. Wii gfx are like between PS2 and Xbox. X360 and PS3 are in a different league.

bordello said:
I don't understand how so many like the Wii. There's absolutley nothing on the Wii that's interresting to me, I'll take a 360 and PS3 over the Wii any day.

The only good game is Zelda, wich is a Gamecube game with slapped on Wii controls. Wii gfx are like between PS2 and Xbox. X360 and PS3 are in a different league.

People like the wii because it is different, I think in the beginning of the N64 the innovative controller(analog helped sell)

The wii-mote is different, It is kind of like that tickle elmo doll. Everyone wanted it becaus eit was a different toy. I am not saying the wii is a toy, but a gaming platform. The wii has innovative control and priced right. The others are not so much dedicated to games, as multi media machines.

However Zelda on the wii, gets me frustrated at time. The wii-mote control is horrible, you hold it in your right hand,your thumb is on the A button, your index is on the B button(underneath. Button 1 and 2 are covered by your palm, when you need to switch to the map I have to take a few seconds out, slide the wii-mote up and press the 1 or 2 button, very frustrating and the buttons should have been arranged differently, instead of a remote shpae it should have been larger on top(with the 1 and 2 button, then slowly come to a teardrop shape so it would be ergonomically correct and have more comfort!

sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
sieanr said:
Blue3 said:
damn people.

Would Square be wasting money on ureal3 if white engine was multi ?

just use some common sense.

and white engine on wii.... rofl.

Yeah, its impossible to port white engine to another platfom. Silly me, the cell doesnt use something as arcane as binary - its fundamentally different than every other processor ever made, ever.

the white engine cant be ported properly due to the fact that its designed to work with and bring out the Cell Processor + RS potential. It can be ported but with serious recoding due to the archetextures for the two systems being completely different. Theres major difference between 6 SPEs (all 7 possibly) and the PPE against 3 cores. Just like theres a difference between a heavily modified 7900GTX and a x1950 with unified shaders.

Thanks for claiming the Xenos is a 1950 with unified shaders, you just made your own post invalid.

The point is the engine can be ported with some work, unlike many PS fans who claim its impossible. And its possible for square to scrape the white engine and port FF13 to Unreal 3, thus making a 360 version trivial.

the point of saying its like an x1950 with unified shaders is stating that its a stronger card... the x1950 is stronger then the 7900GTX by a long shot, takes the 7950GTX to top it. 

Like I said, it cant be ported properly. After porting it would be totally different engine due to the differences between the two consoles. And Square stated that only Last Reament will be the only game using UE3. Final Fantasy always uses inhouse engines and always will. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453