By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iRiver G10? Has anybody learned from the Gizmondo, GP2X, and Nokia N-Gage?

You're right, it has some good games, but the entire library could of had much better games.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Playstation Portable has bad games when compared to the Nintendo DS.

Here we go again!

The DS undoubtably has a large selection of games that are liked and adored by certain gamers, but the PSP does NOT have "shitty games" in comparison to the DS.  Yes, the PSP has a few shitty games, but so does every system.

On another note, once the DS has games that can compete with the experiences of Tekken Dark Resurrection, MGS Portable Ops and Ridge Racer, then come back to me. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

a.l.e.x59 said:
You're right, it has some good games, but the entire library could of had much better games.

If you check over the DS as well, you'll probably find there are loads of crappy games.  Ideally, you want a selectioon of games for each game type for each system.  You will probably find that the PSP is alot closer to completing this than the DS is.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

a.l.e.x59 said:
Great. What we need is another failure; iRiver G10. It's just going to fail in terms of sales. Why is it competiting against the PSP? Why not the DS? Why is this future failure competing against another, arguable failure? Why can't these companies just stick to what they're good at?

The handheld was supposed to be released in 2006, but they must have held it back, since they have yet to be released.

It's almost as if every single famous company wants to put at least one video game console on the market. Remember the Apple Pippin? Nope. Why? Because it sucked harder than when you ram a vacuum into a carpet, and hold it there for a few seconds. Remember the Phillips CDi? Oh yeah... Who could forget "The Wand of Gamelon?"

Next, there's going to be a Panasonic QD, Motorola Flava, Siemens Toto, LG Sphere, and an HP Icon, just so every famous company gets to have the joy of adding at least one new failure to the already large pile of crap.

And why do all of these failures have better graphics than the Nintendo DS?

Not only that, but now I have to buy it, to add to my handheld collection. Just what I need; More crap to throw in my already large, pile of crap.

Anyways, the iRiver G10 will be released as a 4GB, and 8GB model (has anybody learned that power means nothing?)It will have a WVGA (800x480) screen, and be able to play 3D games (well it better be able to play 3D games. I mean, it's like writing down "In color" on the back of a newly released movie).

I have to admit, I really like the design of the iRiver G10, but it's just going to get lost in history. Oh well, at least the Mega Duck, Nokia N-Gage, and Zodiac wont be as lonely. Then again, none of them are lonely, since there's already enough failures for everyone to keep company.

By the way, look at the number of posts I have; 1,111. Pretty cool, huh?

This just goes to show you that the "no more competition" argument of fear has no merit.

As long as as there is money to be made there will be somebody willing to step into the arena.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

"And why do all of these failures have better graphics than the Nintendo DS?"

Better question would have been why does every competitor have better graphics/sound than Nintendo handhelds?

Nintendo's handheld competitor's have almost always been better looking and sounding. However, no one has taken Nintendo's complete control over the handheld market. PSP is the only one to even come close and it is outsold worldwide 2:1.

This is probably why the Wii is not at par with 360/ps3. Nintendo realized it doesn't really matter for the mass market, only a niche group.

Around the Network
davygee said:
gamingdevil said:

Just FYI it's not called childis, it's called opinion.

You must hate Sony or hate the PSP. What has Sony or the PSP done to you to wish for it's defeat?

I just hate Sony's "I do that too" strategy, even though i own all Sony consoles and a PSP :/

davygee said:

Anyway, I remember reading about this last year. It certainly looks the part. The screen is lovely. Although to have such a high resolution means that the GPU will need to be pretty strong. Which means one of two things. Either it will be very powerful, hence a high retail price. Or the high resolution graphics mean that the texture detail and on-screen details aren't that great seeing as the processor needs to shift some to keep up...so won't look great in practice.

I like the idea and it's actually incorporates some of my ideas for a PSP2 i.e. high resolution screen...480p or 720p which can be displayed on an HDTV for playing games on an external TV as well as playing on the go. Although this kind of technology could be a while away as it would cost too much.

I hope you are right about the GPU. Lots of mini-PCs & handhelds usually dont even have a GPU and are just software rendered. That is why they have so much trouble emulating even the oldest of consoles. If the GPU in this is anywhere near as powerful as even a 6 year old video card, hobbists are going to have a real gem in their hands.