By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Fix this site for the Opera browser, please.

Considering this is literally the only site amongst thousands that I've ever had this problem it'd be great if the webheads could fix it: the fact that no one on the Opera browser can view a thread that is more than a page long (it simply comes up blank). This is not a difficult fix and it would be great if I didn't have to run another browser for just this one site (I know it's nit-picky, but c'mon guys...this is Mickey Mouse stuff to fix).

Thanks. 

Around the Network

If it is so easy to fix then PM ioi the code and I am certain he will implement it. If it is so Mickey Mouse then you should be able to whip up the solution in less time than it took you to post this thread. Of course I am betting you have never sen the website/forum code and don't even know what causes the bug in the first place. I doubt you even know how to code anything substantial at all based on the statements you made, but that could be wrong.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I have the same problem. I've made a thread about it and I even sent a message to the owner of this site but there was no response

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

Gnizmo said:
If it is so easy to fix then PM ioi the code and I am certain he will implement it. If it is so Mickey Mouse then you should be able to whip up the solution in less time than it took you to post this thread. Of course I am betting you have never sen the website/forum code and don't even know what causes the bug in the first place. I doubt you even know how to code anything substantial at all based on the statements you made, but that could be wrong.

Could be and is but thanks for your useless--and needlessly-defensive--post. 

exindguy said:

Could be and is but thanks for your useless--and needlessly-defensive--post. 

Your post was needlessly offensive, and ignorant at best. I don't see a fix for it posted, nor do I see you claiming that you have ever seen the website code. The problem exists on all parts of the site, and ioi has tried to fix it. He has put a lot of work into this site and you arrogantly insult him for no reason and with no real knowledge of the situation.

Around the Network

Grizmo, I didn't see anyone insulting here anyone but you.

clapiotis said:
Grizmo, I didn't see anyone insulting here anyone but you.

Claiming a known bug that has no known fix is a Mickey Mouse problem to solve is far more insulting than anything I have posted. All I did was call him out on his claims, and ask him to back it up in any way. All I have done is call him ignorant, which he is welcome to refute. It is also very easy to refute an accusation of ignorance by showing you do not lack the knowledge others claim you lack. He has not attempted to do so, thus I must assume all I did was rightfully call him out on his ignorance.

The true irony of this is that the last time the topic was brought up, I was one of the people complaining the loudest. I kept the thread bumped for about a week hoping for a response, and was the first to give a detailed explanation of exactly how to replicate the bug. That thread lead to ioi trying to help the bug, but from what I gather it is a very difficult fix. I would love for a fix to exist, but it has been around for at least two site redesigns so I am assuming it is a bug from one of the more essential bits of code for the website to run.

All I saw was a reference to Mickey Mouse that was a little unfortunate. But I can understand his despairing feelings about the opera related issue as I am "suffering" from it as well. I am sure that he, I and you are all eager to enjoy this wonderful site. Excuse the overtoned used wording and let's hope someone with the necessary knowledge provides a neat solution.

(english not my native language, excuse for any mistakes)

Which version of Opera are you using? I can not find any problems with Opera 9.50b, Ubuntu and 64 Bit.

I can understand the suffering as well. It is unbelievably painful to use IE for this one site alone, and the amazing browser that is Opera for everything else. I just can't stand it when people get super arrogant and talk down to others without any real ability to back it up.

The sad truth is the bug is here to stay unless someone can learn where it starts in the code itself. ioi can't locate the source of the bug. He has done what he can to stop it from triggering as often, but there is only so much you can do for it given the nature of the problem. PMing ioi with suggestions on how to fix it is probably the best option at this point. That is supposing you have a background in web coding and might know what causes the error.