By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP---Ps360--OUCH!!

Why is everyone surprised Wii sales dropped this much? They stockpiled for last week and not for this week.

And WTH with PS360 sales? They're back to normal levels one week after GTA.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
I am wondering how the sales will be in June especially when MGS4 release.

Isn't June the month when every student/school attender have tests/exams/proofs?

How many parents would let their children buy consoles then? It is the most silly thing you can do..

I would think the public for MGS4 is past the age of having their parents review their purchase :p

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

konnichiwa said:

Isn't June the month when every student/school attender have tests/exams/proofs?

How many parents would let their children buy consoles then? It is the most silly thing you can do..

Actually everyone I know in college right now are already on summer break. I go to college for the summer May 25th. Everyone should be out by then.

@konnichiwa

well in UK MGS4 comes out on the day the most important exams end....GCSE's (Year 11) & I think A-Levels ( Year 13)

so not so stupid

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Oh Leo-J how wrong you were!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I love your threads.

But all consoles are ouch. Each console dropped hard.

Wii dropped 62 percent

PS3 dropped 46 percent

360 dropped 44 percent

Drops all around.

Take any pair of consecutive weeks for the last few months and compare the Wii sales in America. There is a high week and a low week in every pair. Last week was a high week, and this week is a low week. The Wii's drop is very much as expected.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Realistically, how many people do you think are willing to spend $400 for 1 game (when you include the console, game, and tax)? If you wanted other games that have already been released for the PS3 or XBox 360 as well as Grand Theft Auto 4 you probably already bought the system.

As I've said before, there are no "System Sellers" in the way that most fanboys think there are system sellers ...

dtewi said:
Why is everyone surprised Wii sales dropped this much? They stockpiled for last week and not for this week.

And WTH with PS360 sales? They're back to normal levels one week after GTA.

Depends what's normal level.

After the big Q1 release both PS3 and 360 sales in NA were around 55k/week at the beginning of April...

You can't be really that surprised that GTA4 didn't move so much 360 consoles by the way. Sure it's a great game but the 360 already has this HUGE library of games out ( as the 360 fanboy like to tell us) so it can't be typing the scale toward a 360 buy that much.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

konnichiwa said:

in the uk, anyone under 17 should have finsihed their exams by then, so i don't know. i'm at univeristy and i've finsihed my exams already.

and even then, it just means they'll buy it after their exams. no biggy.

We'll find out in the next two weeks, but this is *definitely* about the 360/PS3 - not the Wii. A drop back to "normal" sales was very predictable.

GTA4 is *so* front loaded, that most of the benefit came in its first week. Most people who want the game, now have the game - and this includes primarily existing 360/PS3 owners.

Its NOT a game that will significantly "increase" the market.

...then again, after last week its possible both consoles are having *some* form of supply issues - can anyone confirm if PS3s are still readily available on the shelf? I wouldn't have thought last weeks hardware sales would be enough to dry up stocked supply.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099