By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Trailer DON'T WATCH, YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Oh my god......that video is incredible. :O

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

Saw it earlier today, my boxers got moist tbh.

If cheesiness could kill...

This looks like it's going to be even more ridiculous than MGS2 was. Oh well, I'm going to buy it anyway cause I'm a sucker lol.

Awesome trailer. Like a movie trailer with narrator. Pretty smooth. I do not exactly dig the japan parts of the story but this looks so awesome I will overlook that

Besides cool thread title.

naznatips said:

This looks like it's going to be even more ridiculous than MGS2 was. Oh well, I'm going to buy it anyway cause I'm a sucker lol.

lol I think the new Turok trailer beats this out in cheesiness.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

If you buy a PS3 and MGS4, I'll buy Wii Fit. I have no intention of playing it much, but the board looks uber. 

gametrailers better version:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33853.html

i wouldn`t recommend to watch youtube version.

p.s. on topic, GOTY. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Interesting look to the game--it probably means nothing to most of you but it looks like they went with a filter the equivalent of what's in film known as bleach bypassing. It's when in developing film you don't wash away unexposed silver halide crystals from the negative (you "bypass" that step in film development) which gives the whole image a bleached out, desaturated look that can be quite beautiful. It may just be the transfer to youtube, but this clip had that look too, much more than previous Metal Gear games (though it probably wasn't a possible to create such a look in previous generations).

Neat.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

MontanaHatchet said:
naznatips said:

If you buy a PS3 and MGS4, I'll buy Wii Fit. I have no intention of playing it much, but the board looks uber.

You've got a deal Montana.  I'll have pics for you when I do.  I should have both within a couple months. 

The only thing i was disappointed by was this thread.