By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 90% Drop Off on GTAIV Sales This Week in EU

Is this really a surprise to anyone?

The (seemingly) low boost in hardware sales compared to the number of Grand Theft Auto 4 software units sold last week should have been a sign that GTA4 was potentially as front loaded as Halo 3; this means that it could take 6 (or more) months for the first week sales to account for less than 50% of total number of units sold. When you factor in (potential) used software sales from such a massive title, it may even take longer (or might not happen at all) ...

Around the Network

I'm still sticking to 70% drop off world wide, 90% would be worst case scenario.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Big drop than I expected

The number of people being dumb in this thread is evidence enough that you need to remake this with a different title.

Feel free after I lock this.

Just in case even more people don't realise it, yet manage to read the entire thread before posting, this is a parody of the stupid NY Times article that claimed SSBB sales dropping 90% for the second week was a sign of poor sales.

Although yeah, I agree the large drop-off and the hardware boost not being completely insane pretty much kill the highest sales estimates for GTA4. I'm guessing 10M combined, give or take a million.