By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

The music was actually the best part of the trailer.

This either means that you really really hated the trailer or that we have totally different taste in music. Did sound like benny hill on ecstasy and drilled itself rapidly into my hearing.

Around the Network

what I think :

plateform game : looks old generation and soloplayer

racing game : never looks old generation and multiplayer

I'm just saying that MS is targetting party games/casual market :

old plateform BK

Time to Work !

Kyros said:
The music was actually the best part of the trailer.

This either means that you really really hated the trailer or that we have totally different taste in music. Did sound like benny hill on ecstasy and drilled itself rapidly into my hearing.
The music is the original Banjo music changed slightly. 

I still think I am going to get this game, because the vehicle customisation does look kind of fun, though i would probably prefer a proper platformer

Why Rare! Why did you have to kill Banjo. I have lost all interest in this game. I no longer care how good or bad this game does.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

Hey, I saw Mario. Is that allowed?

libellule said:
what I think :

plateform game : looks old generation and soloplayer

racing game : never looks old generation and multiplayer

I'm just saying that MS is targetting party games/casual market :

old plateform BK << new racing BK

Yeah, that's definitely your opinion. 

As for me, I fail to see how making a racing, vehicle based game over an epic platformer such as Mario Galaxy is the better option.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

http://kotaku.com/5008885/banjo+kazooie-hot-new-bird-on-bear-action

That is a little more reassuring, seeing that there's a little bit of emphasis on platforming while driving, and the vehicles themselves are pretty creative and cool.

But I'm just saying, it won't be the same, and it's not what I wanted. I might play the game and enjoy it, but I know I would have loved a true sequel more.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

disolitude said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
DonWii said:
I'm not saying it won't be good.
I'm just saying it doesn't look like what Banjo fans were looking for.

Yeah, that's what kind of rubs me the wrong way. It's looks very interesting, but it doesn't seem like it really has all that much to do with Banjo-Kazooie. Like you can replace all the BK characters and it wouldn't really matter. Artstyle seems more rigid now, maybe to flow better with the dominant vehicle theme. Just seems like if this what they've been doing maybe it shouldn't have been called Banjo-Threeie. Just a thought.

Did Resident Evil 4 turn out so bad...after it pissed on everything Resident Evil games were about?

Nice try... but Resident Evil 4 was a much needed overhaul for what was an extremely stale genre by that time, plus fans had been cpmplaining about the control setup since the first game in the series so the path RE4 took was both necesary and the only real logical conclusion if you think about it.

Now Banjo on the other hand... boy where to begin... start with arguably the best traditional 3-d platformer and its sequel (both of which were far superior in every way to Mario 64 IMO).  Then, after years of waiting and anticipation from the games loyal fanbase, turn it into some sort of uninspired Ratchet & Clank/Twisted Metal/GTA hybrid of a game with hardly any relation to the previous entries in the series in order to appeal to a different user base, and sprinkle some platforming elements for good measure, whilst simultaneously pissing on one of the most loyal fanbases a developer could ever hope for.  Yup, sure sounds like a recipe for a must-buy game of the year!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

DMeisterJ said:

ToastyJaguar said:
This game looks awesome!
Okay... I follow...

AND don't judge a game that isn't even out yet duh.
But you just said "This game looks awesome" up there... So how praytell can you judge a game that isn't out, yet proclaim it looks 'awesome'?

pwned

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi