By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 details(rumour?)

Fable 2 is "content complete" with a measly 5,000 bugs to squash before it's completely complete, reports NeoGAF poster "Vinterbird" (aka Mikkel Vinther of Xboxlife.dk). The Danish site published a preview of Lionhead's second try today, based on a visit to the studio's headquarters in Guilford, UK last week. Vinther kindly translated the good parts, highlighting these new details in his post on NeoGAF:
  • Mini-map has been replaced with a "bread crumb trail;" a dynamic golden line on the ground that directs you to a destination (read: medieval GPS)
  • Magic system is dived into focused, single-foe attacks and ranged attacks; attacks can be built up into five levels using various spell combinations
  • Speaking of spells, there'll be just eight (but remember, they can be combined)
  • Every house in the game is up for sale; each house will unlock a sidequest, item or skill
  • Rough estimation: 20-30 times larger than the first Fable
  • The gameworld features seasons and dynamic weather
  • Cutscenes are interactive; the d-pad can be used to issue certain gestures that will steer conversations
  • Sex minigame was canned; instead, screen goes dark and moaning ensues (sex can still be unprotected though! Babies, yes; STDs, unconfirmed)
  • Female character was almost canned; almost.
  • And finally: Three more Fable sequels are being planned. (Lionhead is currently wrapping up Fable 2 and focusing on an announced project.)

3 more planned!? WooHoo!

Around the Network

Imagine: Babies!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

wow. 3 more planned, I believe Microsoft is trying to use Fable series to combat Final Fantasy series of Sony.

It will be a fun battle to watch

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^^I understand why you'd think that, but I'd say the Mistwalker RPGs (even though they aren't one series) are more in competition with FF than Fable. The closest thing I'd compare Fable to would be Elder Scrolls, even though the tones are different.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
kingofwale said:
wow. 3 more planned, I believe Microsoft is trying to use Fable series to combat Final Fantasy series of Sony.

It will be a fun battle to watch

C'est possible. They should allow you to use a family tree type of thing. So if you beat Fable 2 and fire up Fable 3, you can use the sword or armour that you mum or dad used in the previous game.

Around the Network

This sound better and better

@King of wale

You just made me realized that the PS3 doesn't have an equivalent version of Fable 2.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
@King of wale

You just made me realized that the PS3 doesn't have an equivalent version of Fable 2.

Fable is a unique game, the 360 doesn't have a game like it either

Munkeh111 said:
gebx said:
@King of wale

Fable is a unique game, the 360 doesn't have a game like it either

Apart from Fable on XBLM.

"Sex minigame was canned; instead, screen goes dark and moaning ensues"

Just like the first game.