By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii life span and sales vs. competitors

Is this the same Japanese business superiority that has led the Japanese market into recession for the last 18 years?

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Crazzyman. Seriously though, assets and revenue are some of the factors in a companies value. There are other factors like liability (debt), profit and growth. But as usual, Crazzyman just cherry picks the stats he wants to make his case, ignoring everything else. 

Around the Network

To all of you debating whether M$ or Sony has more money:

IT DOESN'T MATTER! They both have plenty of money to spend on their gaming division. It will come down to who wants to spend more money and which console is more profitable. When PS3 become unprofitable it will stop selling. When 360 becomes unprofitable it will stop selling.

It not like we have a Sega situation where there is a possibility of the company running out of money.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Crazzy man, I just went to your profile to see if you're 11 or 12 years old. Couldn't see it though.

Your ideas are so childishly obsessed and expressed you really do not leave any other option to your readers than smile with sympathy.

Ps3 is a nice machine. I hope it finds its way.

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

FishyJoe said:

Is this the same Japanese business superiority that has led the Japanese market into recession for the last 18 years?

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Crazzyman. Seriously though, assets and revenue are some of the factors in a companies value. There are other factors like liability (debt), profit and growth. But as usual, Crazzyman just cherry picks the stats he wants to make his case, ignoring everything else. 

Well it is a different one that led Nintendo to record profits and even healthy profits when most companies would of bankrupted.

I agree that Wii will last closer to 10 years - unless new competition enters the market that forces them to change earlier.

As it stands now - Sony has to keep the PS3 kicking for 10 years if they want to recoop loses and generate some half-decent profit.

MS - will almost certainly come last, but they can avoid the debacle of the Xbox if they keep the 360 around long enough to make up initial losses and make a half-decent profit - About 10 years would be nice, but I'd expect them to be the first to go 'next' gen again.

Nintendo - The PS3 & 360 are not hurting Wii sales despite better graphics and (according to gamers) better games. Nor will they hurt Wii even if and when they come down to the same price (but Nintendo can easily maintain price advantage anyway). So if the competition need 10 years to recoop/make profit why on Earth should Nintendo launch a new system in 5? What would they gain?

Around the Network
clapiotis said:
Crazzy man, I just went to your profile to see if you're 11 or 12 years old. Couldn't see it though.

Your ideas are so childishly obsessed and expressed you really do not leave any other option to your readers than smile with sympathy.

Ps3 is a nice machine. I hope it finds its way.

It's best to ignore people who spell Microsoft as M$.

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures