By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii life span and sales vs. competitors

I think alot of those 360 games will be cancelled due to the ps3, and wii is a system you should have weither you have a 360,ps3, or pc because its completly different, with great games you cant find anywhere else, but on pc halo3 will be ported just like 1 and 2 and gears of war also but its going to be better with even more maps and story to the single player mode, 360 suffers from a bad rep of the (rrod) I actually had two but I figured fuck it the 2nd time it broke and got a wii so I dont think Im vary far off, but I am sorry if I said anything that pissed anyone off but the 360 is vary unpopular and It doesn't have enough carisma.

Around the Network

YEAH, (heh=) other people have.

I suggest you slow down and let your thoughts form a bit more clearly. When your thought process results in a paragraph-long run-on sentence, that tends to imply that it's spur-of-the-moment and not fully considered. Just take a moment to organize your thoughts into brief sentences, and you should come across much more clearly.

As for the PS3 and 360, your analysis is more or less correct regarding the core demographic. The PS3 is indeed beginning to steal the 360s lunch, as it were (though not necessarily for the reasons cited, or those reasons alone). This is largely because Microsoft is a much-reviled American company that is hated by much of the world at large, while Sony is only really reviled in America and Japan (and not very much in either). In a battle for second place with the core demographic, your main opponent is your corporation's image with that core demographic. And in that regard, Sony has an undeniable leg-up.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

1) Sony has MORE money then M$.
2) PS3 will sell mega at 299$ with slim version + FFXIII, MGS4, LBP, GT5 and etc.
3) Just looked at wii, at games which coming in next few month. All i found was Tales of symphonia in Japan and maybe Disaster day(which probably won`t sell). I`m really curiuos, how Wii will do in Japan, since it`s NOT getting good games in next few months.
I wouldn`t be suprised to see a drop to 20k.
Though in Europe and USA Wii will do ok for some time(wii fit, ssbb, wii kart releases), but after that, the sales also might go down, atleast in Europe. If USA gets enough supply in near time, then by late summer numbers will go down even there.

Wii won already? LoL.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

i mostly agree with ur points
just try to seperate into para.

Around the Network

I give the Wii 4-5 more years....the 360 3-4 more years and the ps3 6-7 more years.

Also I didn't read your post OP

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

lol (crazzyman) a top of the line ps3 cost 840.00 to manufacture, a wii 200.00 all u.s. dollar, if the wii was free they wouldnt be losing as much as a ps3 would a 300$ would.
you can find this at wikipidia.com search ps3.

@RolStoppable,
1) YES, you are LoL if you think otherwise.
2) i don`t care.
3) LoL.

@jeffrey9999, since Januray PS3 cost less then 400$ to produce, and in autumn it`s getting new techprocess, which will make ps3 even cheaper.
PS3 selling in Europe for euros. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

jeffrey9999 said:
lol (crazzyman) a top of the line ps3 cost 840.00 to manufacture, a wii 200.00 all u.s. dollar, if the wii was free they wouldnt be losing as much as a ps3 would a 300$ would.
you can find this at wikipidia.com search ps3.

$840?  Maybe last year....

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Oh dear, it begins again... CrazzyMan, please don't make this into another "PS3 will win 'cause I say so" debacle. It's really getting old... The original poster was simply explaining why he felt the Wii would have a longer lifespan than its competitors, and now you've come in and derailed the conversation with your usual antics. Please stop trolling every topic containing the word "Wii" in the title with your numbered lists, needless bolding, and excessive italics. I don't think this is an unreasonable request.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.