By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii life span and sales vs. competitors

I seen people on the internet including someone from sony saying the wii will only last about 5 years, (This is dead wrong, and the predictions from the vary beginning were also dead wrong) I was sure sony couldn't possibly do that well with a 600.00$ price tag, I almost thought I was wrong when It had a great launch, but I was right after all, now I guess Im going to be the first one to say wii will last atleast 7 years(or longer) because it already won the war and it will continue to sell out for atleast the rest of 2008, pluse nintendo still has to release the wii in 4 more countries, this alone will keep the wii moving 50,000 in sales a month or more, then a price drop of 50$ will make it a complete sellout all over again and if not that a 100$ dollar price drop will do the trick, and we have about a year and a half untill a 50$ price drop, If these sales dont start going under 200,000 a week on a regular basis this will probably not happen, nintendo doesnt even have to beat sony every week, they just have to make good sales then they can avoid a price drop. Now about the whole lifespan wishful sony thinking, ps2 is still around and its still selling, OK but its selling almost as well as the xbox360, so the 360's graphics are not going to kill the ps2 or wii, and I think soon after the ps2 is discontinued the 360 will go about a year after witch I guess will be in about a year and a half, so Ill give the 360 two and a half years then thats the end of the 360 and Ill give it nine more months in japan. Now Ill talk about the ps3, it was 600$ in the beginning, now its 400$ after they did this they lost an estimated 86billion dollers, I dont think they have the money they once had, so since It is selling good now they probably will not even attempt a price drop due to lack of funds, (and it is selling) it took a long time for the ps2 to drop down to 100$ about 6 years would be accurate, so I think sony will have a price drop around the 4th quarter of 2009 just in time for christmas of 2009 and I think it will be about a price drop of 100$ (maybe depending on sales), and once this happens nintendo Will strick back with a price drop efficient enough to put sony right back in 2nd place weekly.

Around the Network

Could you put some paragraphs, dots, and such? I have a hard time reading this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wall of text ahoy! Paragraphs and proper punctuation are your friend...

Expect the Wii to have at least as long a lifespan as the NES experienced: a solid decade. Just as the NES survived long after its competitors for being the first of its kind, so too will the Wii.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

sorry, these are my thoughts spilled out on to paper, next time it will have a better form and structure.

wow. Does your keyboard have an "Enter" or "Return" key?

EDIT: You could try editing your post... 

Around the Network

My bad, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

You know you can edit your post...

i hope the 360 is going to last longer than that because there already planning games for the next two years so you might be off by a few years on that i give em 4 more

Man, edit your post, and we'll read it and reply.

hmm.. we'll see... i personally never cared for any system whether they die or dominate.

but given how the wii and/or ds completely surprised and shocked me with how well they have done or are doing, and given how innovative nintendo is...
i will not be surprised for wii or ds to die out anytime soon.
nintendo has a way to freshen up and reshuffle their hand.

i wasn't planning to buy a wii nor a ds in the first place but now i enjoy them both... just as much as i enjoy my psp and 360

it's funny. i've wanted a ps3 in the beginning and i still have not bought it.
once ff13 launches, though.. then it will be a must-have for me

Wii will last more than five years. I predict 7 to 8 years.

PS:
yea, i ddn't read your whole post either. i only scanned it.. heh =)