By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple Looking At Game Console Business

PS360ForTheWin said:
i hope they do, it will be so easy to mock there console as it will look good, but be crap and apple fanboys will have orgys over it even though it will only have a 10% market share,

oh sorry thats there computers.

Hahaha! I hope too.

Around the Network

This will no way be a regular console. It will be far different from the Wii. Apple can't possibly be stupid enough to go in now, with something competing with the ones out.

If you expect the total sales of the generation to be 300M, almost 100M of that will be gone before they get to even launch their console. With Wii selling like cupcakes, and Ps3 having picked up enough steem to keep anything new not very cheap knocked out, Apple would have to accept enourmous losses to join in.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

stof said:
This has been discussed before. I'd imagine an Apple console would be more like the next iteration if Apple TV. A TV box top entirely based around digital distribution and streaming content. One that would focus on movies, music and games. I'm sure there'd be a concerted effort to go after families and new gamers as well, but it's unsure if they'd try to follow the Wii control direction.

They might not go for the motion controls, but they'll definitely use the IR pointer. This is the company that brought point-and-click to the mass market, after all.

And a response to the thread in general, could you guys at least wait until a fanboy shows up before you start bitching about it? I see way more bitching about Apple fans than I see Apple fans nowadays. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
stof said:
This has been discussed before. I'd imagine an Apple console would be more like the next iteration if Apple TV. A TV box top entirely based around digital distribution and streaming content. One that would focus on movies, music and games. I'm sure there'd be a concerted effort to go after families and new gamers as well, but it's unsure if they'd try to follow the Wii control direction.

They might not go for the motion controls, but they'll definitely use the IR pointer. This is the company that brought point-and-click to the mass market, after all.

And a response to the thread in general, could you guys at least wait until a fanboy shows up before you start bitching about it? I see way more bitching about Apple fans than I see Apple fans nowadays.

thats probably because there shitty browser is broken again.

Thanks for the troll comment PS360ForTheWin.

And I've never had Safari not work for me. I quite prefer it to Explorer or Firefox, thank you very much.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Apple))Microsoft=Sony,Apple and Nintendo))))))))))))))Microsoft

I know alot of people who would prefer the Apple brand over Microsoft i know i would,its just a matter of how bad does Apple want to sqeeze in and be relevant.

ItsaMii said:
Microsoft fanboys are annoying, but Apple fanboys are like hell on earth. I am not happy about this.

That's what worries me the most too... I mean, if Sony/MS/Nintendo fans are annoying to each other, Apple guys are 10 times worse! It's like a religion to them...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well, on the bright side, maybe they would bring the PS,MS,Wii fanboys closer together.

OS fan boys scare me, it's an operating system, not a religion.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Well if this does happen then we are probably going to have the following next generation

Nintendo=100%

Sony =85%

Microsoft=60%

EA= n/a

Apple=n/a