By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA exclusive content (possibly) revealed: San Andreas, anyone!?!?

EaglesEye379 said:
Deviation59 said:
starcraft said:
To all those saying this would take up enormous amounts of HDD space, think about the following:

-Liberty City fits on one disk (usable space varies according to reports, but it could be as little as 7GB).
-That 7GB INCLUDES textures, game engine, physics engine etc.
-The DLC would NOT need to textures, game engine or physics engine as these could all be run off the disk.
-DLC would probably run even better than the original incomplete experience, as it would stream quicker from the HDD.

Therefore, you should expect DLC to be no less than 2GB, but no more than 4GB.
The shit you can pull out of your ass is simply stunning. Truly, it's amazing.

I dont see whats wrong with what Starcraft said. A new island will use the same game engine and graphics. Think somewhere between Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles for Oblivion. Anyone downloaded these and remember how big they were?

Knights of the Nine was just a quest line added to the existing game. There were almost nothing in the way of new assets. The Shivering Isles was a substantial addition with many, many new assets that Bethesda only released on Live because Microsoft wouldn't let them sell the expansion on disc at first.

Could the DLC be something as major as, say, Staten Island? It's possible. But Starcraft is talking about entire cities. He's got it in his delustional head that they could add the entire state of San Andreas even. You can't add a new city without using new textures. It just doesn't work that way.

Since Rockstar refers to the DLC as episodes even in the latest advertisements for the game (check the text at the end of the latest advert featuring the 'I wish you were dead' song [track 10 on the LE soundtrack, Vagabond by Greenskeepers), I'm expecting more in the way of a new storyline or two with some new characters added and maybe, just maybe, a bit more land to play on.

But anyone who thinks it's a possibility that they'll add new cities as part of these episodes is just dreaming, deluding themselves, or on some really, really, really good drugs.

Around the Network

:'(... Now i want the DLC to come to the PS3 also... Microsoft, just keep the DLC Timed-exclusive plz :'(...

And btw, the airport isn't of much use right now, so maybe that'll be somekind of platform to expand upon... Hell, maybe even GTA5 will make sure that you play with Niko Bellic and can 'swap' between cities using your safe-file's on the HDD to keep the 'same' equipment and settings and stuff... Thus making somekind of 'big cities of the US GTA trilogy' or something...

Or am I expecting TOO much?!... I mean, they have the engine up and running, remember that they pumped out GTAVC and SA rather quickly after eachother... So,...! \

Thoughts?!

THE NETHERLANDS

Trivia:

1) What other GTA game left the city it was set in for mission(s) in another city?

2) How many missions did they do there and how much of the city were you able to see?

Once you answer those questions you'll understand why this is not even close to a confirmation of all 3 cities in San Andreas. I'm not ruling it out either but some of you are jumping to conclusions here. I'd expect at most one of the Cities from San Andreas.

To Each Man, Responsibility
StarcraftManiac said:

:'(... Now i want the DLC to come to the PS3 also... Microsoft, just keep the DLC Timed-exclusive plz :'(...

And btw, the airport isn't of much use right now, so maybe that'll be somekind of platform to expand upon... Hell, maybe even GTA5 will make sure that you play with Niko Bellic and can 'swap' between cities using your safe-file's on the HDD to keep the 'same' equipment and settings and stuff... Thus making somekind of 'big cities of the US GTA trilogy' or something...

Or am I expecting TOO much?!... I mean, they have the engine up and running, remember that they pumped out GTAVC and SA rather quickly after eachother... So,...!

Thoughts?!

Vice City only took them nine months but I believe San Andreas took a good bit more of time. Keep in mind also that the art assets take longer to create now considering the amount of detail expected from an HD game.

Sqrl said:
Trivia:

1) What other GTA game left the city it was set in for mission(s) in another city?

2) How many missions did they do there and how much of the city were you able to see?

Once you answer those questions you'll understand why this is not even close to a confirmation of all 3 cities in San Andreas. I'm not ruling it out either but some of you are jumping to conclusions here. I'd expect at most one of the Cities from San Andreas.

In San Andreas you had a brief, but enjoyable mission in Liberty City where all you saw was was the interior and patio for one restaraunt, with a brief view of the outside.

Around the Network
Deviation59 said:
starcraft said:
To all those saying this would take up enormous amounts of HDD space, think about the following:

-Liberty City fits on one disk (usable space varies according to reports, but it could be as little as 7GB).
-The DLC would NOT need to textures, game engine or physics engine as these could all be run off the disk.
-DLC would probably run even better than the original incomplete experience, as it would stream quicker from the HDD.

To anyone who knows anything about game programming (or programming anything that involves graphics), this is not so far off the mark.

Deviation59 said:
I almost can't believe that people actually think the DLC will be new cities. What kind of drugs are you on?

What I can't believe is that you would say that without giving a good reason for us to think otherwise.

It's entirely possible that the new content will consist in a new city. It would use the GTA4 engine, probably many of GTA4's graphical assets, and maybe it would be smaller, but even with all those restrictions, it would still be a new city.

Of course it's not certain, but I have yet to see one good reason why it's as unbelievable as you said. Please enlighten us.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Deviation59 said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Deviation59 said:
starcraft said:

I dont see whats wrong with what Starcraft said. A new island will use the same game engine and graphics. Think somewhere between Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles for Oblivion. Anyone downloaded these and remember how big they were?

Knights of the Nine was just a quest line added to the existing game. There were almost nothing in the way of new assets. The Shivering Isles was a substantial addition with many, many new assets that Bethesda only released on Live because Microsoft wouldn't let them sell the expansion on disc at first.

Could the DLC be something as major as, say, Staten Island? It's possible. But Starcraft is talking about entire cities. He's got it in his delustional head that they could add the entire state of San Andreas even. You can't add a new city without using new textures. It just doesn't work that way.

Since Rockstar refers to the DLC as episodes even in the latest advertisements for the game (check the text at the end of the latest advert featuring the 'I wish you were dead' song [track 10 on the LE soundtrack, Vagabond by Greenskeepers), I'm expecting more in the way of a new storyline or two with some new characters added and maybe, just maybe, a bit more land to play on.

But anyone who thinks it's a possibility that they'll add new cities as part of these episodes is just dreaming, deluding themselves, or on some really, really, really good drugs.

Shivering Isles was 25% the size of Oblivion and took up 1.4GB in HDD space. So in GTA4 terms, this would be like adding a new island the size of Alderley or Algonquin. A new city will probably take up what Starcraft said, 4GB, and although this is the best case scenario, its just an extrapolation of the idea of adding a new island, and its not as far-fetched as you are making it out to be. Having played GTA4 till the end, at this point, the bigger the DLC, the better anyway, this game is amazing and I want to play more missions.

Great for the 360, they are gonna need it.
Too bad for PS3 owners then.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Deviation59 said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Deviation59 said:
starcraft said:

At absolutely NO point did I say that they would add cities (let alone a state through DLC).  I simply pointed out that there is no real technical hindrance to doing so.

= Fail. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS