By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CNET - "Why the 360 will Win!!" - Microsoft PR Working Overtime???

SaviorX said:
My reason for why the 360 won't win is only 1 word : JAPAN

They never mentioned that in the article.......

exaclty, it is almost impossibe for them to win without japan, thats how nintendo was able to catch up so fast.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

There's no debating the fact that Sony sales are stronger and although the Wii still reigns supreme, it's viability is running low and the chances of it maintaining such a lead in the industry is quite slim.

Now that's just hilarious. Kinda poorly timed to make that statement when Nintendo just had the top-selling non-holiday hardware week of all time. How do these analysts keep their jobs? It's as if in my job (as a historian) I went around constantly proclaiming that it was only a matter of time until the Soviet Union rose up and emerged triumphant over capitalism. No one would take me seriously - yet these articles continue to pop up almost weekly.

I honestly thought by now we would have stopped seeing the "Wii will soon die out" articles. Guess not.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I'm not gonna chant LBP, KZ2, R2, MGS4

I'll chant one thing.

WII FIT

Remember when XBox Live helped the XBox to dethrone the PS2?
Same thing's happening with the 360 dethroning the Wii, apparently.
Looks like revisionist history DOES repeat itself!

sony mocrosoft and nintendo`s pr dept. will never say anything bad about thier business

it will always be on the good side, they are trained for that thats thier job.

i give them all props for thier spin although amusing at times it actually works.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

There is so much wrong with that article it isn't even worth my time to point everything out. I think Starcraft, one of the biggest 360 fans on this site, would agree that guy is full of shit.

The 360 doesn't have the best library for everything.  I'd argue that Wii has a better library for me and my girl.  We have more than 15 games on the Wii that we absolutely loved so far and have spent a ton of time on.  We played most of them through together.  With the 360, we've kind of struggled to find any games we were truly interested in.  It seems like so many of the games are shooters or racers or sports games.

The Wii seems to have better library diversity right now. 

Well, here’s one strategy CNET may be using. I have been trying to post a humorous but (IMHO) devastating rebuttal based on the numbers published here. Oddly enough my comment is being perpetually “processed”. Either they don’t know how to run a website or they are screening comments. And when I say screen, I mean for content. There is no ad, profanity or personal attack in it; unless pointing out that someone is living in their own little universe outside the realm of logic and reason, is considered a personal attack.

wishful thinking.. =)
YES, indeed, Sony and 3rd parties are taking too much time before releasing their AA hits like:
MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, KZ2, R2, M:PR, 8 days, Heavy Rain, Infamous, L.A.Noire, Getaway3, WKS, LBP, Team Ico, FFXIIIv, GoW3, Naruto, Afrika, Tekken6, Wardevil and possible announces like SO4 and KH3.

BUT, these games will be reelased soon or later, and most in next 12 month. You just` CAN`T ignore these games, because gamers WON`T. These games will make mlns. people to buy ps3 over the world.

AND if you think that people don`t care about these games, then just look at GT5Prologue sales, it already reached over 1,5 mln.! And that is not a full game.

PS3 is doomed for be Number 1. Because of BIG exclusives, that many mlns gamers from 125 mln. PS2 userbase care.

THIS is how meant to be, you can stay in denial, but this will change nothing. I can`t see any normal GAMER, which will ignore PS3 bundle with FFXIII, KZ2 or GT5 for 299$/euro. The real reliable NEXTGEN experience for 299$ with FREE online.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I don't think CNET is own by MS, when did that happen??