By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CNET - "Why the 360 will Win!!" - Microsoft PR Working Overtime???

CrazzyMan said:
wishful thinking.. =)
YES, indeed, Sony and 3rd parties are taking too much time before releasing their AA hits like:
MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, KZ2, R2, M:PR, 8 days, Heavy Rain, Infamous, L.A.Noire, Getaway3, WKS, LBP, Team Ico, FFXIIIv, GoW3, Naruto, Afrika, Tekken6, Wardevil and possible announces like SO4 and KH3.

BUT, these games will be reelased soon or later, and most in next 12 month. You just` CAN`T ignore these games, because gamers WON`T. These games will make mlns. people to buy ps3 over the world.

AND if you think that people don`t care about these games, then just look at GT5Prologue sales, it already reached over 1,5 mln.! And that is not a full game.

PS3 is doomed for be Number 1. Because of BIG exclusives, that many mlns gamers from 125 mln. PS2 userbase care.

THIS is how meant to be, you can stay in denial, but this will change nothing. I can`t see any normal GAMER, which will ignore PS3 bundle with FFXIII, KZ2 or GT5 for 299$/euro. The real reliable NEXTGEN experience for 299$ with FREE online.

I think that is kind of a dead argument, now. People were claiming that GTA4 would sell better on the PS3 because it was a "PS2" series, but GTA4 is selling better on the 360 (yes I know that the 360 currently has a bigger installed base, but where were the masses of PS2 owners just waiting to buy a PS3 as soon as GTA4 came out?).

The PS2 dominated last generation on many fronts. There were a lot of casual titles, RPGs, etc. About the only thing it was weak on was FPS games, and the PC dominated that space.

The current gen seems destined to live with a 3-way split with the PS3 and 360 splitting the non-casual market while Nintendo dominates the casual market. Unless the Wii suddenly goes away, I can't see the PS3 dominating this generation.

Around the Network
gebx said:

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13506_1-9939276-17.html

..........#1 Games, #2 Online... well he's right on both front the 360 currently has the strongest library (waits for the usual suspects to chant LPB, GTP, FF, MGS, etc), and better online service (yeah we know.. one day PS3 users will have a "Home")...........

Does it now?

Seriously, these claims that the 360 has the strongest library and better online service really need to stop because 1) there is no objective standard of comparison for which games are better or for which online service is better. As a matter of fact, most gamers could not care less about Xbox Live or online gameplay in general.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

@crumas2, first week sales GTA4 WW 45% for PS3 and 55% for x360. + It`s not a NPD data, and who knows what numbers will be there, since DMC4 numbers had difference only 60k.
What will be after one month with MGS4 release? Time will show. AS for now ATTACH rate of PS3 GTA4 is higher.

PS3 is still can get everything for domiantion in sales, home + big AA exclusives + 299$ price + free online. Why ps2 users would jump to other consoles? Because suddently they stopped to care about GT5, MGS4, FFXIII, GoW3 and etc?

As for wii, i see it slowly going down. In japan it already was reachign 40k mark. In europe only Wii fit and Wii kart boosted sales for some time, i woudln`t be suprised, when sales will go below 100k in next several month.
About USA, after all who wanted to buy wii will buy it, it also has good chane to go down. Time will show. But the future of wii isn`t clear for me, since all it`s hits been released already.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Whoa, people still respond to CrazzyMan? I thought he was too Crazzy.

I learn something every day at this site.

The Wii is indeed slowing in Japan compared to last year but I don't think it has anything to do with the Wii.
At the same time the PS3 and the 360 are pretty much dead over there and what is happening is that the Japanese market is really doing badly ( handhelds are however doing fine).
At this rythm this gen will end up selling a lot less consoles in Japan than the last one did.
Whereas Others and NA look like they will see a huge market expansion this gen...

This is bad news for those of us that like JRPG. The Japanese developers need to reinvent themselves and make games that will be successfull both in Japan and on Western market as it looks less and less likely that it will be financially viable to sustain developing games just for the Japanese market..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Just ignore the fanboy.

If you hit your head on a brick wall, it hurts.

Don't do it again, because it HURTS.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Lord N said:
gebx said:

..........#1 Games, #2 Online... well he's right on both front the 360 currently has the strongest library (waits for the usual suspects to chant LPB, GTP, FF, MGS, etc), and better online service (yeah we know.. one day PS3 users will have a "Home")...........

Does it now?

Seriously, these claims that the 360 has the strongest library and better online service really need to stop because 1) there is no objective standard of comparison for which games are better or for which online service is better. As a matter of fact, most gamers could not care less about Xbox Live or online gameplay in general.

Your games comment -  www.metacritic.com and www.gamerankings.com says HI!!

Your online comment - NPD recent online gaming survey also says HI!! 

Is the reason why you don't believe either comment is because you don't own a 360?... you're out of the loop... you're lost on your PS3 or Wii and have no clue what to do with it ??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Lord N said:
gebx said:

Does it now?

Your games comment -  www.metacritic.com and www.gamerankings.com says HI!!

Your online comment - NPD recent online gaming survey also says HI!! 

Is the reason why you don't believe either comment is because you don't own a 360?... you're out of the loop... you're lost on your PS3 or Wii and have no clue what to do with it ??

is the reason you believe these comments because you own a 360 and its wishful thinking?

@Ail, PS3 need more japanese games in Japan. Wii had SMG, SSBB, Wii kart, Wii fit(?), Mario party.
What BIG exclusive games ps3 had? Except HSG5 i believe, none.
FFXIII alone will be able to sell 200-300k ps3 during week of release.

And about RPG, well SRPG Valkyria Chronicles already did over 100k in 2 weeks and that is not bad for a new ip from 3rd party. I believe that will encourage japanese developers + recently already was announced new rpg. =)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291968

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

(With Milan Accent) See how I am ignoring the child? He is going through a phase of aggresive dominance. One he learns we are not interested, he will undergo severe anger. This will lead him to run away, but he will return, hopefully reformed. Many fanboys have come back bitchier than ever. I hope to see him change. For I see that he is - TSST - a good boy.

Now walk him, he is fat.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you