By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony cry: Wii is Just "Impulse Purchase"

Holy crap, are you honestly claiming that PS2 is more powerful than Gamecube? If so, you're one of the most delusional people I've ever seen on the entire Internet. Holy crap.

Around the Network

Hmmm. From the article: Meanwhile Eggebrecht comments: "The area that Gamecube is similar to PS2 but just plain kills it is in textures and hardware lights. There is simply no comparison. So you get similar polygon counts on GC as you have on PS2, but with these incredible amounts of texture effects on top. Just imagine a textured, bump-mapped, reflecting and accurately glossy and dirty car with specular highlights thrown in - that's just one pass for Gamecube but many for PS2. And of course there is the Gamecube texture decompression thrown in for free, something the PS2 doesn't have at all."

I'm just going to assume Kwaad thinks a register is just the thing he puts money into at walgreens......errr......used to put money in....

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Kwaad's a troll, stop feeding him. Isn't an "Impulse purchase" a purchase people make on impulse? Wouldn't that require the system to be in stock so people walking by could say "hey look, a Wii... I think I'll buy one!" It's not really an impulse purchase if you've already called all the stores in your area, driven out and lined up to wait for it.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

vanguardian1 said:
Essentially the article you linked says that the processor power is about even, with the exception of the gamecube being significantly easier to program for, and the gamecube has a easier to use graphical setup that supports higher texture quality than the PS2.

I wondered that at to.

Around the Network
Jake T Musk said:
vanguardian1 said:
Essentially the article you linked says that the processor power is about even, with the exception of the gamecube being significantly easier to program for, and the gamecube has a easier to use graphical setup that supports higher texture quality than the PS2.

I wondered that at to.

Dude! This post is 2 months old..

That's twice you've digged up really old posts

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Jake T Musk said:
vanguardian1 said:

I wondered that at to.

Dude! This post is 2 months old..

That's twice you've digged up really old posts

I sorry, I think my inter browser is spywared. The dates are in order for me but not you. I may have problem, big problem.

haha. this is PRICELESS!!! now both sony and microsoft have officially taken shots at the wii on the clock. this is pathetic. they say that the wii is in a different competition than xbox and ps3, yet all microsoft and sony do is try and dement the wii.

pathetically harlarious. 

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Narfer said:

haha. this is PRICELESS!!! now both sony and microsoft have officially taken shots at the wii on the clock. this is pathetic. they say that the wii is in a different competition than xbox and ps3, yet all microsoft and sony do is try and dement the wii.

pathetically harlarious. 

*bashes head on keyboard

OMG! STOP THE INSANITY!!! This crap is old news..

Jake, seriously stop posting! or at least only reply to things that are less then 1 -2 weeks old. 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

wii is a kiddy fad, they are right.