By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Dude, I have way too many games to finish.

I've been cramming the past two weeks hoping to get them all done by Monday when school starts back up.

I haven't even started FFXII, Zack & Wiki, or Professor Layton.  ;_;

I would tell you to skip FFXII, but you seem to be dead set on playing it.
The game starts out great, but it gets really boring midway( by the time you realise it, you'd have wasted a lot of time), exploration also means nothing gear-wise since treasure boxes pop out randomly. You could beat a hard boss to reach a treasure chest at the end of the hallway and it could turn out to be some cheap potion.
My two cents. ^_^

Hm, most people say the opposite.  I've heard it could take anywhere from 15 to 25 hours to really get into the game.

And yeah, all the love/hate surrounding it has really made me want to play it. 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Hm, most people say the opposite.  I've heard it could take anywhere from 15 to 25 hours to really get into the game.

And yeah, all the love/hate surrounding it has really made me want to play it. 

When I started playing the graphics we're awesome, cities and towns were breathtaking( I loved exploring them), monsters had a lot of variety and the place seemed like a real ecosystem(it rains, packs of wolves, a really cool and scary T-rex ocassionally wandering about, etc), story was interesting, The wow factor was huge. 60 hours into the game later.... Bleh, soo boring..... soo much potential.... I feel awful now, if only the story was better. T__T 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
I still think this game has chance to pass Fire Emblem in Japan. It's at 141k and still selling well over 1k a week for 8 weeks now.

How does everyone think this game will do in America?

Better than Operation Darkness, Culdcept Saga, or Spectral Force 3?

I'd hope.

Though i don't think it will beat Fire Emblem world wide.

I mean OD and SF3 revies suck...

This should get a solid 75+ rating. Awesome looking graphics, but half the reviewers are likely to be bitchy "It's not exactly like a traditional SRPG types combined with people who don't usually play SRPGS."

Maybe a couple "But but swords!" people as well.

It should sell better then games with a review of 60 or below... i'd hope. Even without advertising. I mean SRPG fans are probably watching this intently... i mean a bunch of people were intently watching "Drone Tactics" for the DS for gods sake.

SRPG fans are always on the lookout for more SRPG fans. Mentally unstable lot I say.

They do suck. This could get great reviews though. Im hoping for 80%+ average. If this does well, then maybe Atlus will start doing some SRPGs for PS3. Maybe even get Tears to Tiara over here.

It'd be a miracle for this to pass FE worldwide. A huge one. It should be right behind it though.

Well FE did almost nothing in europe i think.  Or there just isn't data for it in the database.

As for Atlus... who knows.  Most of it isn't even up to them since most of what they do is publishing work. 

They're more a small company that helps REALLY small companys put games overseas.

I'm not sure how many SRPGs they really develop themselves.  The only Atlus games I know of that are actually atlus made are Trauma Center and the Daemon games. (Persona, Shin Megami etc.)

iclim4 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I used to think the same thing about Level 5. I love all their game's battle systems and actual gameplay. Dark Cloud 1 and 2 were great RPGs with SIM like twists to the game play, but the story was trash. Rogue Galaxy was awsome with a battle system that was what FFXII should have been, still story was bad as usual though.

Then of course I played Jeanne D'Arc. OMG that game blew my MIND! I was so engrossed in the story, I never though I could like a hand held so much. THat game did things with SRPG rules that I never thought possible. One of my favorite levels was when Jeanne was trapped in a chamber with a huge dragon. The rest of the party has to find a detour through a window to get into the room. Meanwhile you must keep Jeanne alive long enough to be rescued, it was awsome. And the story tugged at my emotions. I wont give it away but someone close to the story dies in a very heart wrenching way. :(.

If the story of WKC is anything like that, It will be SUPERB story telling...

Have you heard about what happens to Gilles de Rais after he accompanied Jeane d'arc in real history?
It's quite the mind fuck.

Heh... yeah... it's pretty... disturbing for those historically inclined.

Around the Network

oh man i have to get this game, this is my rpg for this year

day one purchase for me

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I am so pumped for this game. RPG of the year for me.

Kasz216 said:
iclim4 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I used to think the same thing about Level 5. I love all their game's battle systems and actual gameplay. Dark Cloud 1 and 2 were great RPGs with SIM like twists to the game play, but the story was trash. Rogue Galaxy was awsome with a battle system that was what FFXII should have been, still story was bad as usual though.

Then of course I played Jeanne D'Arc. OMG that game blew my MIND! I was so engrossed in the story, I never though I could like a hand held so much. THat game did things with SRPG rules that I never thought possible. One of my favorite levels was when Jeanne was trapped in a chamber with a huge dragon. The rest of the party has to find a detour through a window to get into the room. Meanwhile you must keep Jeanne alive long enough to be rescued, it was awsome. And the story tugged at my emotions. I wont give it away but someone close to the story dies in a very heart wrenching way. :(.

Have you heard about what happens to Gilles de Rais after he accompanied Jeane d'arc in real history?

Umm, mind telling what happened?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
iclim4 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Umm, mind telling what happened?

Oh he tortured and murdered somewhere between 50 to 600 children.

On some accounts as a scarifice to daemons.

How's he portrayed in the game?