By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

EU date is november 21st for my fellow Europeans!

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Mirson said:

Some pretty good news. The Japanese voiceover will be included, and we got a release date:

Sega sent over a friendly reminder that Valkyria Chronicles has an official release date. We’ll get a chance to pick up in English on November 11. I spoke with Christopher Kaminski, Associate Producer of Valkyria Chronicles, to find out if the downloadble content recently released in Japan would find its way to North America. He replied with, “No comment yet.” Kaminski confirmed the content will not be on the retail disc though when he answered my follow up question with, “No, that content won’t be on the disc.” Valkyria Chronicles won’t have any localization differences either. “We translated it directly. We wanted to stay true to the original. As a matter of fact we keep the original Japanese in there.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/08/14/valkyria-chronicles-comes-out-in-november-with-voiceover-options/

SUBBED > DUBBED IMO

It's always been that way for ever since I started watching anime.... the english VA just itches at my skin....

DUBBED > SUBBED IMO

It's always been that way for ever since I started watching anime.... the japanese VA just itches at my skin....

@Wow
that's just cuz yer a crazy racist from the WWII era, but I

You know, there are a lot of games where as you see more footage, the game begins to look worse than you imagined. Valkyria Chronicles seems to just keep looking better and better though.

Torillian said:
@Wow
that's just cuz yer a crazy racist from the WWII era, but I <3 ya anyway.

Darn straight.  Dem Commies be after me Lucky Charms because they're magically delicious.

Words Of Wisdom said:

You know, there are a lot of games where as you see more footage, the game begins to look worse than you imagined. Valkyria Chronicles seems to just keep looking better and better though.

Torillian said:
@Wow
that's just cuz yer a crazy racist from the WWII era, but I <3 ya anyway.

Darn straight.  Dem Commies be after me Lucky Charms because they're magically delicious.

Agreed. Every more bit they show gets me more and more interested.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I still think this game has chance to pass Fire Emblem in Japan. It's at 141k and still selling well over 1k a week for 8 weeks now.

How does everyone think this game will do in America?

Better than Operation Darkness, Culdcept Saga, or Spectral Force 3?

Mirson said:

Some pretty good news. The Japanese voiceover will be included, and we got a release date:

Sega sent over a friendly reminder that Valkyria Chronicles has an official release date. We’ll get a chance to pick up in English on November 11. I spoke with Christopher Kaminski, Associate Producer of Valkyria Chronicles, to find out if the downloadble content recently released in Japan would find its way to North America. He replied with, “No comment yet.” Kaminski confirmed the content will not be on the retail disc though when he answered my follow up question with, “No, that content won’t be on the disc.” Valkyria Chronicles won’t have any localization differences either. “We translated it directly. We wanted to stay true to the original. As a matter of fact we keep the original Japanese in there.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/08/14/valkyria-chronicles-comes-out-in-november-with-voiceover-options/

This is so awesome.

Now, I'll just have to wait for the Europe release date and content.

I have high hopes anyway, as Sega did exactly what I wanted with Sonic and the Secret Rings.

I will support the european release only if it has the original japanese voices and french support (either dubbed or subbed or both, I don't care), even when it will be more expensive.

As for the release date, that won't affect me a lot (except if it's in 2009 for Europe), as I have lots of games to finish, and FE Wii is one of them, before I buy this one.

i will blame this thread if MS gets this game XD
ot: the game is a tottaly "new" idea ,
really cool :)

blackstar said:
i will blame this thread if MS gets this game XD
ot: the game is a tottaly "new" idea ,
really cool :)

Oh, what did I do?

Here's a new trailer from the Leipzig Game Convention. Looks pretty amazing.