By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

I can't get past that stupid tank that Radi drives, it's ridiculous sometimes, I kill everyone straight away and then it's us versus the tank and no matter what I do I can't stop him before he gets to the base.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles was a fun game, you guys!

I had fun playing it.

So I hear that the Selvaria-based DLC is considered the best?

@Doobie_wop: Shoot the standing blue walls so that they fall down. The main cannon will fire to destroy them, and that will expose the radiators. Destroy the radiators with your anti-tank lances.

Ah finally a game that i regret not playing. For work im three days away and i wont be able to play my ps3. Tonight im coming home.
It's been a long time for me to have missed a game being away, and have it in thought while working but VC just got into my head...

Predecessors were: Lunar, Xenogears, DQ8 (for the smooth gameplay and catchy tunes somehow), FF7 and X and Parasite Eve.

So that was some time ago... made me happy again (hopefully there's more like this on ps3)

Khuutra said:

"You would win, but that's not real victory! Victory is something we achieve for ourselves without that power!"

....Why is Welkin so stupid?

....And why do the writers expect me to agree with him?

He isn't stupid. He is a type of parallel world genious who only turns his attention to real life from time to time ;)

Plus he is insanly idealistic.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Finished the game finally, meaning that I didn't touch it for 2 months even though I was at the last chapter. That could mean two things: either I didn't want it to finish, or I wasn't eager enough to see more of it. Well, i think it was the latter. First thing: I don't like needless sacrifice, and there is needless sacrifice in this game. Second thing: the setup (great ancient powers arise, two empires collide, great war follows) led me to expect an epic transcontinental Valkyria lore and wisdom filled story. Instead, all revolved around Gallia. A letdown. Thirdly: I think I used Rosie once in a battle plan. She was always there (for the command point) but rarely got to do something. So the strategy part felt unbalanced. Scouts were the all purpose main unit, all others support. Well anyway ... good game otherwise. :)

Around the Network

Finished. Great game.

Will be looking into some downloadable content in the near future if there's nothing decent left to play.

Ok, so Valkyria Chronicles 2 came out yesterday in the States. I see no threads about it. I am disappoint. It's fantastic and I still see no reason for those who loved the first to pick up the second! *goes back to playing*

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Also, the purpose for this second game. The reason for another battle, it makes absolutely perfect sense. Sega can't go out and say the reason as it'll spoil the entireity of the first game. I know that was a complaint by some whenever a sequel was announced.

It's PSP game so it doesn't get attention it deserves. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it. Too bad that finnish shops wont have it until 10th september ..-.-

KillerMan said:

It's PSP game so it doesn't get attention it deserves. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it. Too bad that finnish shops wont have it until 10th september ..-.-

It hurts because it's true. People see PSP and immediately seem to not care.