By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

iclim4 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I bought it at a convention in California this last weekend (FanimeCon) and so far its very impressive.

I envy people who can speak and read Japanese.

It's a very difficult language and I'm still not good at it.  I took it in Uni for 3 years.  In Fall 2008, I'm studying abroad in Japan.  Hopefully, I'll get better.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
iclim4 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I bought it at a convention in California this last weekend (FanimeCon) and so far its very impressive.

I envy people who can speak and read Japanese.

It's a very difficult language and I'm still not good at it.  I took it in Uni for 3 years.  In Fall 2008, I'm studying abroad in Japan.  Hopefully, I'll get better.

Studying the language in it's own country is a very wise move.
Took me about a year and a half to master(somewhat) the English language in the US.
My friends say I don't even have a foreign accent anymore.

Nothing beats learning a language while you're still a baby though.
All the results non of the hard work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

i'm not that good in japanese as well, barely able to understand from the conversation. Still can't read kanji...

luckily this game isn't very hard to understand ^^

try play-asia for getting japanese game, I got all my games from them :)

iclim, I also wish I could read Japanese. It would really help me out for my RPG gaming.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You know I was kinda suspect at Japanese strategy/RPG's. But after looking at the gameplay videos for this game. I must say, it's making me take a look that I completely thought I would never do and that is getting into this genre.

This looks like a welcome to the genre. I never was a Valkyria fan or know anything about this franchise. But Sega is doing an awesome job with the graphics and the gameplay up front :)

A serious contender to take my focus away from the Wii and Xbox 360 for a few months and finally focus on my PS3 :)

Around the Network

I've done Japanese myself but have quit. Was negleting it already for almost 2 years so didn't see the point to continue. I just sit and wait for the US releases or else EU releases to arrive. I'm studying Italian now, with an alphabet I at least understand

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Chapter 14 is really cheap.

In related news, there is a new PS3 theme for this out on the JPN PSN.

PSN - hanafuda

Just watched the video's again. OHG I can't wait. Seriously, I want this game almost as much as LBP!!!

Not sure if this has been posted, but...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309870

"Valkyria Chronicles - le olde but both english and japanese will be on the US version."

Here's a review on the Japanese version from a site I frequent.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Valkyria_Chronicles/index.html

88% overall for those who just want the bottom line