By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motion steering in GTA4 is it any good ?

Please Do not bother to answer this unless you have actually used or tried the motion steering in GTA4.

I have no interest in hearing from poeple who are incapable of using or simply dislike the motion feature and dont use it - I am the opposite I Hate Thumbsticks and will never buy a driving game or FPS which uses thumbsticks.

My question

- is it any good.  ?

How does it compare to Motorstorm (or the free motorstorm demo). ?

PS3 number 1 fan

Around the Network

it's good overall,,,,I use it for everything except for bike riding,,,,that's a bit hard,,,but boating,bowling,dart,weapon reloading,etc.. are all fun and make the gameplay easier for me.

It's the greatest motion steering ever. GTA 4 is the greatest game ever. Every reviewer says so. Didn't you hear? There isn't a single thing not perfect with that perfect game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I haven't played the game, but I'd say it's a safe bet that you can steer pretty well with the thing. That's the only real motion that I could ever conceive being comfortably possible with how the controller's set up, so they better at least get that much right.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

@ Amp

No reason to be bitter

@ Grey

No reason to backhand compliment, since you haven't played the PS3 version w/motion sensing, you shouldn't have answered, as the OP stated.

OT:

Played it, and it's okay. Bike riding with it sucks though.

Around the Network

It's alright, not as good as Mario Kart steering but it gets the job done.

I only did the tutorial, I found the chopter bits difficult, but otherwise it was quite good, though I am not using it in the main game

It's ok.... best for the boat though in all honesty where it does free up your thumbs to do other things while you can steer pretty easily and fire with no problem. Helicopter, it's rough and has a big learning curve on that. Bike riding is "ok", but with how vulnerable you are on it, you would probably be better off using the analogs for that.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I use it for the boat and the Heli. I also extremely like the aftertouch feature when driving the cars off of stunt jumps it really adds to the cinematics and feel of the games.

Bike sucks tho...

I personally don't like it so I don't use it.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M