By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think the huge HD console sales will hold after GTA4?

Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 sales have shown a huge increase this week, particular in Europe, so the question is: do you think these sales will hold and for how long?

Personally, I don't think the HD consoles will see sustained demand like the Wii does. I think the sales will slowly drop off over the next couple of weeks and return to normal levels in about a month.

Around the Network

if Wii doesn't get their games (more hardcore, more mature, more cinematic)

then YES they will continue even if the ratio PS3/Xbox360 will evolve depending of price drop/ games.

Time to Work !

out of the hd consoles the ps3 wont drop off to much because mgs4 is around the corner

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ps3 and 360 have still got good games coming

MSG4 Ninja Gaiden 2 Fable 2, Resistance 2

Both should still do very well

I hope they game. It's amazing that we have 3 consoles doing this well.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

They'll obviously drop a lot in the coming weeks, but they'll continue to see spikes (although mostly much smaller) as 'big' games come out. MGS4 is going to cause the biggest spike of all games in 2008, I believe. *Maybe* the PS3 will hit 200k that week in North America, but probably less.

They'll drop back to conventional sales levels and spike again during big game weeks. Sustained levels require much more than just a single game release.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

No. They will not. GTA 4 is the biggest game coming out for these consoles no matter how you slice it. This is the highest that you will see that at until GTA 5.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I think they'll do fine, GTA4 was just another drop in a huge pond of reason's to buy an HD console. The more games that come out, the more reasons people have to pick one up.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Viper1 said:
They'll drop back to conventional sales levels and spike again during big game weeks. Sustained levels require much more than just a single game release.

There are many highly rated games on both HD consoles, easily comparable to the Wii. If we don't see sustained demand for the HD consoles after GTA4 (the most hyped and highly rated game so far), I think we can safely say that there is no way that either the PS3 or the 360 will be anywhere close to the Wii at the end of the generation.