By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The big daddy of secret AAA shooters to be revealed next month"

dabaus513 said:
Alight I already said it will be doom 4. You think it will be bioshock? Winner gets ALL of losers money, deal? (If we're both wrong then nothing happens I guess)

The rason I believe it won't be Doom is because they are currently working on Rage, and I don't think they will make and release Doom 4 before Rage.

Around the Network

I'll admit I haven't read all the posts but I have seen many people asking of the meaning of AAA and how no game really is an "AAA title"
I believe that AAA is to be considered when a game has a very big budget or premise that makes they Hype go really high. This in no way means the game is "Tha best game evar!!" or more fun than any other great game out there (but we can admit that most AAA titles are generally worth your time). We can probably expect a title that is part of a big franchise or that it has been in development for a long time... but seriously I think there are so many great games we have no idea of that are going to be announced in the next couple months that this could be one of many to come.

Almost certainly Bioshock II - unless they are hobbling together a special edition of Bioshock I for the PS3.

This is great news... because what the PS3 really needs, is more shooters? Right?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

MontanaHatchet said:

One shooter is announced and the entire forum goes on an Anti-Shooter uproar?

Look, it's one game. It's not like these are announced every week. And if the system is getting a lot of shooters instead of RPGs (which aren't even comparable genres, so stop being a bunch of whiners), it's because the Japanese buy very few PS3s and few games for it. What is Sony supposed to do: Hire some dried up old hack, fund his studio, and develop a bunch of games that don't even sell well in the market it was designed for?

Yes, we get it, you hate Shooter games. Whatever you like also sucks. I don't know what it is, but damnit, I hate it.

RE4 was a third-person shooter.

I don't care one way or another what genre a game is in, just like I could care less about with genre music is in.

I like "Good" games and "Good" music. That's the only genre I care about. The "Good" genre. 

That said, shooters are like rap. There is a huge fanbase for it, and the people who love it are really into it, and people like good rap just like they like good rock or good classical.

However, there is a large group of rap haters out there that instantly hate when they hear the word rap.

So, if your a genre hater of any kind of media. If you hate "romantic comedies," "rap," or "norwegean folk music" before you've actually heard it, then you don't have the right to judge the equally close-minded people who hate shooters.

That's just my opinion, lol. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

shams said:
Almost certainly Bioshock II - unless they are hobbling together a special edition of Bioshock I for the PS3.

This is great news... because what the PS3 really needs, is more shooters? Right?

Hate to double post, but I am pretty sure that this is a Bioshock port to the PS3.

The reason I believe that, and that it's not Bioshock 2, is I believe Bioshock 2 will be multiplat and announced in a different way than this, and also the Bioshock remake is pretty much a confirmed rumor, for the PS3, and has been for about a month. It's due for an official announcment.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Well, here are some more news regarding this topic...
Apparently many gaming magazines will have extensive sections in their new issues on Bioshock PS3...
This can only be good news for PS3 owners...

Link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189519

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

taxman said:
Well, here are some more news regarding this topic...
Apparently many gaming magazines will have extensive sections in their new issues on Bioshock PS3...
This can only be good news for PS3 owners...

Link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189519

I think it will become official in the middle of the June.EGM is rather reliable I think and when they said the big daddy coming I was pretty much sure that bioshock is goin multiplat.hence bioshock2

Ugh, BioShock? Dammit, I was hoping for news on something I haven't already played. Twice.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

watever, too many shooters already. i miss my jrpgs..

rocketpig said:
Ugh, BioShock? Dammit, I was hoping for news on something I haven't already played. Twice.
 Good for you, there are plenty of us that haven't played it yet and would welcome the opportunity.