By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGC members-Number of 360 consoles gone through?

rrod two weeks after release, had to wait for 5 months;(

Around the Network

on my second 360.
It took about 8 weeks to get the whole process sorted out.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

@ above two - Booooo but when did that happen? As far as im aware the process is pretty streamlined now.

Tease.

Original since Dec 2006.

I'm on my third xbox. Got the last one back right before GTA IV. :)

Around the Network

no problem since august 2007...

On my first, bought it in January.

still on my first, have had it for about 6 months

On my third or fourth, depending on how you look at it

The first one, I got on launch day, and it worked perfectly for a year and a half (including many hours of intense Gears MP). Got the RROD, MS didn't have their repair service fully up yet, so I took it to the EB I bought it from, and after some haggling got a free replacement. Took it home. Got the RROD immediately. Returned it AGAIN the next day (they were quite skeptical that it wasn't me who caused it). Got them to check if the next replacement was working while I watched them. It was. Took that one home, and it was fine for a while.

That is, until I downloaded the Halo 3 Beta.

RRoD about 20 seconds into my first match. Not happy. Sent it into MS, and got it back in two weeks, leaving only one week left for the beta :S

So, yeah, that's the one I'm on now... either my third or fourth, depending on if you count the one I had to take back immediately.... it's the ONLY problem I have with MS with regard to their gaming division.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I had one console RROD 4 months into owning it.

The second 360 I had I sold and bought a HDMI equipped Falcon. With my new TV setup I ran out of component hookups so wanted to get an HDMI unit to replace. That unit is so much quieter and cooler then the older 2006 model I had before.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection