By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGC members-Number of 360 consoles gone through?

Got mine New Years Eve, still working.

Might have something to do with the amount of time I use it though. That is, none.

Around the Network

Got mine on September 07.
Still solid.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I'm on #2. First one was a launch (Mfg. date of 10/06/05), and RROD'd Mar. 2007. Since then, I've had this one since then.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Im on my 4th, all were disc drive issues though. Had 2 consoles that the disc drive burnt out in and another that as soon as I got it from MS it wouldnt read most discs.(Would give a message saying to insert disc into a 360 console lol)

I got my original a few months after launch, and I am now on my third one. The first one started freezing every 5 to 10 minutes, without fail. Second one got the RRoD.

I love the system though. I'll trade them in as many times as it takes.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

i got 2 but none of them RRoDed i do have a DVD drive pb on the first one (feb 2006)
the second one I've got it for GTA 4 used at gamestop because i was tired of DVD drive issue and wanted the HDMI output....so far 4 days without turning it off still no RRoD

On #2 - First one purchased August 06 and died Jan 08

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Had mine for seven months and no problems so far.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

I'm on my first. Second shipment system Mfg. 11/29/2005. I did have a RROD but it went away after reseating my hard drive and checking all the connections on my power supply.

halogamer1989 said:

Personally its 1 for me although I did have a drive spindle problem--the unplayable disc error--that I fixed myself. Anyone have the misfortune of going through more than one?

How did you fix the "disc error" problem on your 360?? mine has been plauged with the same issue to where it pops up every atleast every hour or so. My disk drive used to scratch up my disks and have disk errors every 10 minutes but after using a dvd disk cleaner, it got rid of the disk scratching but the "disk read error" blade still pops alot.

On Topic: RROD on my first 360, and then disk read problems to this day on my second.