By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest announcement Nintendo could make at the upcoming E3

a Zelda MMO? then what's the mission? would you have to fight each other?

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Didn't you the one that posted a thread about "Wii and wii fot sales are destroying gaming and are close to another videogame crash" early this morning?

a new ds is prolly out of the question, the market doesnt need a new ds. The thing about the market is that there is no need unles a need is created. Before mario was invented there was no need for mario but now we have him theres a need for more of him!!!! I think nintendo will do something that the industry needs as oposed to redoing something the industry allready has

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts
Star Fox Wii
Animal Crossing Wii
Phoenix Wright Wii (I'd play it)

Personally, I'm favoring Animal Crossing Wii atcm as it seems to be the most likely.

http://kotaku.com/349939/animal-crossing-for-wii-on-for-2008-says-nintendo

All the proof I need.

well I would imagen the zelda mmo to be along the lines of wow with a huge world and you run around and do stuff within the zelda universe, they can expand alot of things, make castle town huge and divide each race up into their own huge city with things to do and you can choose your race and do missions acording to your race and all that. The zelda universe would lend its self hugely to the mmo genre because it has everything it needs allready!

An awesome little easter egg or something they could include would be a link character that is spotted some times doing his missions!!! how awesome would that be! you would be like the little kids in TP who love link and want to be like him! you would be strolling around the fields and then the mysterious hero would come galoping through and all the zelda fan boys like myself would be like *jaw drops "wooowww, there he goes....!"

edit: The characters that gamers would play as would be side to the quest that link is going on and we would hear rumours of link and his conquests and people in the cities would compare you to him like "thank you so much for rescuing my cat! who needs the hero when we have you around town" and we would all feel good about our selves

Around the Network
SnowWhitesDrug said:
well I would imagen the zelda mmo to be along the lines of wow with a huge world and you run around and do stuff within the zelda universe, they can expand alot of things, make castle town huge and divide each race up into their own huge city with things to do and you can choose your race and do missions acording to your race and all that. The zelda universe would lend its self hugely to the mmo genre because it has everything it needs allready!

An awesome little easter egg or something they could include would be a link character that is spotted some times doing his missions!!! how awesome would that be! you would be like the little kids in TP who love link and want to be like him! you would be strolling around the fields and then the mysterious hero would come galoping through and all the zelda fan boys like myself would be like *jaw drops "wooowww, there he goes....!"

One problem. WoW is an rpg while zelda is an action adventure. Unless you turn zelda into an rpg ( which would suck imo) it wouldn't be even close to WoW. 

Maybe we will be luck and they will have voice chat and a better online system!
ok ok ok I am getting ahead of my self, but maybe it is a new game that no one knows about.

I'm not saying make it exactly like the linear style game that has an absolute ending like all the other zeldas but it seems to me that zelda games allways like to have side quests and there seems to be alot to do in the universe so i dont think much would change, you would have quests and missions ect side quests and stuff but their just wont be a glorius amazing you defeated ganon finish. Majoras mask played with the concept of becoming different races with the masks so a non linear zelda game that allows you to be any race you like isnt so far from the zelda ideas used in the past. the only new thing would be all the other people around the world playing in the same zelda universe and interacting.

Nintendo would prolly put limits on this though :( they may not allow out right killing of each other, but they may associate safe and unsafe zones, like night time is dangerous so dont go outside during the night unless your powerful or have certian areas of the map such as forests where your allowed to kill and take peoples items

its a possible concept that would work and it wouldnt really change anything that hasnt allready been toched on a single player environment

SnowWhitesDrug said:
I'm not saying make it exactly like the linear style game that has an absolute ending like all the other zeldas but it seems to me that zelda games allways like to have side quests and there seems to be alot to do in the universe so i dont think much would change, you would have quests and missions ect side quests and stuff but their just wont be a glorius amazing you defeated ganon finish. Majoras mask played with the concept of becoming different races with the masks so a non linear zelda game that allows you to be any race you like isnt so far from the zelda ideas used in the past. the only new thing would be all the other people around the world playing in the same zelda universe and interacting.

Nintendo would prolly put limits on this though :( they may not allow out right killing of each other, but they may associate safe and unsafe zones, like night time is dangerous so dont go outside during the night unless your powerful or have certian areas of the map such as forests where your allowed to kill and take peoples items

its a possible concept that would work and it wouldnt really change anything that hasnt allready been toched on a single player environment

The best you could ask for is Co-Op play.  Who would you be? Everyone is link? I just don't see that. Maybe like 5-10 player co-op which would be cool. 

lol Ajax you come into a thread about E3 and hopes that people will have about whats established there with nothing to add but
disjointed instigation and attempted dashing of these hopes.

That just has to be trolling.

Anyway a poke'mon mmorpg would be pretty big, I don't think so though as Nintendo said two things, one is whatever info is given at E3 is about Q3 amd Q4 of 2008, and not even 2 months ago Iwata was asked about mmorpg type ideals and he claimed Nintendo didn't see a way to achieve "fun" by doing something like that, and when they can they will do it.

A project like a poke'mon mmo would take about 2~3 years if it's going to encompass everything pokemon is. (Maybe even 5 years.)

I'd figure kingdom hearts 3, Street Fighter Wii, a new Mario game (tennis or something), a new game similar to Wii Balance board, Head tracking using the Wiimote from he reverse end to track up to 4 players at once, and a new shooter or some immersive game to go along with it.

Those would all be something that could get the core crowd.

More rationally though, probably just a release date on Red Steel 2 and stuff like that.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D