By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SIXAXIS IS CHEAP!!!!

So I just moved out of my apartment from college. When I got home, I unpacked because I wanted to get a little GTA session going....only to find that the L1 and L2 buttons popped off my Sixaxis. And you want to know the kicker? My two dualshock 2s (both 6 years old by the way) were in the same bag, and they were perfectly fine......I hope a quick screwdriver job on the controller will fix this, otherwise I'm going to have to buy a DS3.....not that I wouldn't ever get one, but I wasn't planning to at this time

Around the Network

lol i thought you found them for a cheap price lol.

BMaker11 said:
So I just moved out of my apartment from college. When I got home, I unpacked because I wanted to get a little GTA session going....only to find that the L1 and L2 buttons popped off my Sixaxis. And you want to know the kicker? My two dualshock 2s (both 6 years old by the way) were in the same bag, and they were perfectly fine......I hope a quick screwdriver job on the controller will fix this, otherwise I'm going to have to buy a DS3.....not that I wouldn't ever get one, but I wasn't planning to at this time

PS3 controllers have "triggers" on L2 and R2, so they'll get jacked up easier in transit because they hang over the edge of the controller.  Dunno about the L1.

Anyway, this isn't data you're offering....but sorry for your loss.

^the piece of plastic in between the L1 and L2 buttons popped off too, and so did the little metal piece that holds the L2 in........

i own 3 ps3 controllers and all of them are slightly damaged. one of them i never use because it makes you go left or spin in circles. the other two are usable but sometimes they just make me mad. they got damaged because they've been dropped a couple of times, but i remember dropping (sometimes throwing) my other controllers for older consoles and they seemed to last a lot longer.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Around the Network

Good excuse for you to get the much better Dualshock 3

lol they are light and flimsy. DS3 is what I'd recommend.

More like light and comfortable.

It's a personal preference.

I didn't care about the absence of vibration, but now that it's back... I am looking for an excuse to pick up a third controller.

Personally, I find the weight of the sixaxis to only be an issue for the 1% of PS3 games that use the motion sensing as the primary control input.

As for the build quality, the 360 controller can take more abuse (real abuse like being thrown, hit, slammed or otherwise misused which would probably break the battery cover/clip), but for normal heavy use by non-roidrage players, there's nothing wrong with the sixaxis.

yea it is a piece of shit. just ordered a dualshock 3.

the only real upside to it is u can barely feel its weight.