By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii (cheap gameplay)

This isn't a problem at all. With some tactics you'll be just fine. You see, this game, like most on the Wii, are also focused on tactics, not only pure driving skills.

Also, you didn't run a flawless game, because then you would be in the top 10 on time trials, and I am certain that you are very very very far away from that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Catchup sucks in all games, like Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2.
Fortunately, in that game you can turn catch up off... It'd be better to improve the AI instead of imposing "cheat" rules that apply only to cpu drivers, catch up, to me, seems like a laze feature from a developer perspective.
I don't think MK64 had this, I'm fairly certain I devastated the comp on a regular basis without having them right on my ass all along.

ummm this happens in all Mario kart games .....it adds to the Mk experience I wouldn't have it any other way. The chaos is what makes MK great, its not like you can't get way ahead if your good at avoiding everything then you will pull out far enough to be able to take 1-2 blue shells and still be in first.

@Mummelmann

Actually, Mario kart 64 did have it, and a lot of players were turned of by that. (not me though, I'm too Mario Kart-core :))

Mario Kart always had cath up, but the question is, is the cath up 'too great' this time? it's not the first time I hear this complaint you know..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

you know, Limit Breaks in Final Fantasy's are actually also cath-ups, as long as it isn't overdone it's fine, but if the balance tips over in a too strong cath-up mechanism, then that's just bad..

''Hadouken!''

I wish you could get mushrooms in first. Not often, but every once in a while.

Anyone else really annoyed by loosing your weapon when you fall off or get hit by certain items? It makes mushrooms a lot less effective since you can't use them right after getting F*CKED up.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Ajax said:
Mario Kart always had cath up, but the question is, is the cath up 'too great' this time? it's not the first time I hear this complaint you know..

Catch has to Cs. And it is no different now than it has ever been. People just won't accept they suck at the game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Catch ups work quite well in Mario Kart but I think they definitely need to get rid of the blue shells. It just isn't right. I can understand if you are miles ahead but you could have someone just behind you and you get hit by a blue shell and the person you were leading throughout the race goes on to win simply cause of a random blue shell you can do nothing about.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

you should avoid driving directly behind the leader of the race as much as possible then tuoyo..

''Hadouken!''