By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Micro$oft, the most UNoriginal console maker ever.

mztazmz said:
Shura said:
Unoriginal as the achievements than now sony is copying and not just the achivements but all the online game.

online gaming has been on the PC since 1993

if you want to narrow it down to consoles, the dreamcast was the first one to do it(ookaze made a great post on this page about it) here's a noteworthy quote:

BTW, XBL actually started as the software for the Sega console, when MS partnered with Sega. So like always, they stole what Sega made with them, and Sega died. And like always, "people" all forgot about where the technology originated from. And then we have thread like these where all the praise is attributed to MS for something they actually didn't invent. But that's not a first. A lot of people believe that MS invented lots of things in their OS, when nearly everything was actually stolen from elsewhere or bought (and the inventor destroyed).

nuff said

although i will give credit to M$ for acheivments. as far as i know, they were the first to do i. although i personally don't get what the big deal is, but i'm not an egocentric gamer like most people and i do admit that the feature is very popular.

I know all that history about the online, sega dreamcast bla bla, i think all of us know it, but like someone say somewhere above, if wasnt for the online on xbox, on our dreams we would have the online for the wii and the psn as  good as we know it at least in this generation. Games demos, videos, dlc, microsoft push all of it on a console market, now movies, tv series and it looks like sony will make something similar. If all those features arent originals for a console gaming, i dont know what can be.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network
selnor said:
mztazmz said:
eliasg said:
Microsoft is not Sega Sony fanboys...

Its not easy to pull them out of the business. PS2 killed Dreamcast because of the DVD. PS3 have no chance to kill 360 due to Blu ray.

This topic fails...

funny how you only refer to sony fanboys, when this post is CLEARLY not only about sony.

my post obviously claims that Sony and Nintendo are more innovative than M$

what's wrong? afraid to pick on nintendo?

and it's not bluray that will kill the 360.

it's more AAA titles during it's lifetime,

it's building a console that doesn't overheat and die,

it's building everything into the console instead of grossly overcharging for addons such as $100 wifi, $180 hard drive, $159 HDDVD doorstop, and putting HDMI in it from day one,

it's not charging for online(ironically the only online service that costs money is the only one that utterly failed during last holiday season while the 2 free ones worked just fine) i suppose you're one of the fools that pays for that shit? lol.

it's making a system that doesn't hit the graphical ceiling a year into it's life(Gears of War, it's been 18 months since that game launched and we've yet to see one title that looks better on 360) while going from Resistance to Uncharted we've seen major improvements and killzones realtime footage shows that there's still alot of untapped potential.

like i said, M$ likes burning money so yes they'll probably be around for a while and you'll probably be lucky enough to waste your money on an Xbox 720, have it heat your house for a while, then die.

"This topic fails..." - LOL, little xbot, this thread(unlike your console) is not affected by the RROD.
Mods ban him now. This guy is bad news and just another dimwit added to VGchartz. As if it wasnt full of enough already.

settle down M$ fanboy. you got alot of nerve calling me a dimwit.

btw, i already requested this topic be locked on the account of assholes like you who apparently can't contribute anything intelligent and can only post one liner insults.

as you can see, this guy started talking shit first and i put him in his place. Obviously you agree with him and you got all burned up and felt the need to insult me. if you wanna defend the 360, then do so in an intelligent manner, at least eliasg tried.

mztazmz said:
selnor said:
mztazmz said:
eliasg said:
Microsoft is not Sega Sony fanboys...

Its not easy to pull them out of the business. PS2 killed Dreamcast because of the DVD. PS3 have no chance to kill 360 due to Blu ray.

This topic fails...

funny how you only refer to sony fanboys, when this post is CLEARLY not only about sony.

my post obviously claims that Sony and Nintendo are more innovative than M$

what's wrong? afraid to pick on nintendo?

and it's not bluray that will kill the 360.

it's more AAA titles during it's lifetime,

it's building a console that doesn't overheat and die,

it's building everything into the console instead of grossly overcharging for addons such as $100 wifi, $180 hard drive, $159 HDDVD doorstop, and putting HDMI in it from day one,

it's not charging for online(ironically the only online service that costs money is the only one that utterly failed during last holiday season while the 2 free ones worked just fine) i suppose you're one of the fools that pays for that shit? lol.

it's making a system that doesn't hit the graphical ceiling a year into it's life(Gears of War, it's been 18 months since that game launched and we've yet to see one title that looks better on 360) while going from Resistance to Uncharted we've seen major improvements and killzones realtime footage shows that there's still alot of untapped potential.

like i said, M$ likes burning money so yes they'll probably be around for a while and you'll probably be lucky enough to waste your money on an Xbox 720, have it heat your house for a while, then die.

"This topic fails..." - LOL, little xbot, this thread(unlike your console) is not affected by the RROD.
Mods ban him now. This guy is bad news and just another dimwit added to VGchartz. As if it wasnt full of enough already.

settle down M$ fanboy. you got alot of nerve calling me a dimwit.

btw, i already requested this topic be locked on the account of assholes like you who apparently can't contribute anything intelligent and can only post one liner insults.

as you can see, this guy started talking shit first and i put him in his place. Obviously you agree with him and you got all burned up and felt the need to insult me. if you wanna defend the 360, then do so in an intelligent manner, at least eliasg tried.

You've been  here 5 min, and you make a thread like this? To say the least this whole thread was doomed from the start. The way your Sony opinion was shot through your words made this thread ridiculous. 

"You've been  here 5 min" - WTF???

I'm the ORIGINAL POSTER for ****'s sake.

and my "sony opinion"?, the guy attacked sony so i defended them. if he attacked nintendo, i'd defend them too.

if you actually read even some of this thread, you'd see that there are some who agree with me and some who don't. there's actually some good info in this thread too, but it only takes a couple ignorant people like you to f it all up by running your mouth when you don't know what's going on. 

this thread is about how M$ steals everyone else's ideas(which apparently is too painful for you to admit), but here's a link with more truth than you could ever accept -  http://www.aaxnet.com/topics/msinc.html

enjoy and please leave me alone

mztazmz said:

"You've been here 5 min" - WTF???

I'm the ORIGINAL POSTER for ****'s sake.

and my "sony opinion"?, the guy attacked sony so i defended them. if he attacked nintendo, i'd defend them too.

if you actually read even some of this thread, you'd see that there are some who agree with me and some who don't. there's actually some good info in this thread too, but it only takes a couple ignorant people like you to f it all up by running your mouth when you don't know what's going on.

this thread is about how M$ steals everyone else's ideas(which apparently is too painful for you to admit), but here's a link with more truth than you could ever accept - http://www.aaxnet.com/topics/msinc.html

enjoy and please leave me alone

LOL you have 23 posts. In other words so you understand you've been here 5 mins. The OP was why it was fail. You see Nintendo are the only company that innovate. Sony have never done so apart from Blu Ray which as industry analysts say is struggling even with HD DVD death. M$ only innovations are Xbox Live and in my opinion the best innovation this gen behind Wii mote is Gamerscore. Gamerscores adds at least an extra 20 hours to any game I buy now. You mention AAA titles in your OP. Well at the mo in all genres Sony is behind. There is games to come which I will enjoy  playing. But when someone says they have a PS3 for games that will eventually come out, that makes me cringe. 360 games that are already out are proven winners. Bioshock, ME, Halo 3, Forza 2, LO, BD, PGR4, Dead Rising, Frontlines fuel of War. The list goes on. All those are Exclusive to 360 and are here now to play.  

Around the Network

"But when someone says they have a PS3 for games that will eventually come out, that makes me cringe" -

anyone who buys a console this early in a generation, solely based on the current games, is a moron.

also half the titles you listed are not AAA games according to metacritic

LO - 78

BD - 79

PGR4 - 85

Dead Rising - 85

Frontlines - 75

seems more like personal preferences, and both your jrpg's couldn't even break 80+. i hope you realize that both FFXIII games are going to destory these 2 games in sales and reviews, too bad so sad.

here's some PS3 exclusives and their scores

Ratchet - 89

Uncharted - 88

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 88

Unreal 3 - 86

Resistance - 86

Motorstorm - 82

GT5 Prologue - 81

none of them are quite AAA, but some are very close. 360 only has 5 AAA titles and 3 of them are on PC. 

the ONLY reason M$ has a slightly higher caliber of games is because of the year head start and the system has less of a learning curve. devs are getting better with the PS3 all the time and many are using it as the lead platform.

whether you want to admit it or not, we all know that the PS3 heavy hitters have yet to come. MGS4 being the first.

i know it's really hard for you xbots to admit, but the supposed huge difference in quality games between 360 and PS3 is actually not as vast as you would like to believe(metacritic is PROOF of this).  the 360 has a slight edge which is only because of the year head start. They've alreday played their Halo 3 trump card and they're still losing to sony in sales.

360 will finish last this gen and there's nothing you can do about it.  

Its always down to personal preferences. But according to Metacritic, there are 4 exclusive 360 games above 90 (BioShock, Halo 3, Gears, Mass Effect). There are none above 90 for PS3. Using Metacritic to argue about PS3 games is laughable. The only thing going for you is the future line-up (MGS4, K2, FF13), which all hopefully will give me a future reason to get a PS3.

Before you pull out the super pedantic PC card, please remember that not everyone can afford a high-end spec PC, and if you do youre rich anyway, and MS is already competing for your money through Windows, not games. 360 owners get to enjoy these amazing games on launch, whereas the PC version can come much later, and is always unannounced until further notice. There are also so many reasons I can give you on why playing on the 360 is so much more fun.

This thread is getting rude, come on, the PS3 has done its fair share of catching up as well. The PS3 is trying to follow in the footsteps of Xbox Live (PSN uplift, Accomplishments, Home is not original (see Sims),in-game XMB), you realise that most of PS3's upcoming blockbusters are sequels right whereas 3 of the above titles I mentioned are new IP.

With regards to the motion controller, if true, will work with RTS and MMO games, and I get the sense that MS is going to invest more in this space going forward, not just casual games. Come on, SIXAXIS controller, hello, PS3 is so innovative, yeah. Blu-Ray is a media format, like DVD. The point of it was to get the whole world to adopt it. Its dumb to say others are copying when this is exactly what Sony wants, to get everyone to adopt it.

mztazmz said:
I'm starting to wonder why M$ is even in the console biz. Despite the billions of dollars the company has, they can't seem to do anything original to save their lives. Before the Wii and PS3's launch, it was M$ who wanted us to believe that the Wiimote will be a gimmick and Bluray was not needed for a game console(making the PS3 too expensive!). They figured that by rushing the 360 to market(even though it wasn't ready), they could get a head start. The Wii and PS3 would launch later. The PS3 being too expensive and the Wii being a fad, M$ figured they had a guaranteed victory. Here we are today and what is M$ doing? http://gizmodo.com/377855/more-xbox-360-wiimote-details-code-name-newton http://www.tomshardware.com/news/xbox-blu-ray-360,5272.html That's right, they're now going to add a motion controller and a bluray drive to the 360, LOL! If M$ wasn't such a devious, monopolizing, talentless company, I'd actually feel sorry for them. In the last few years, all they've managed to do is bring 2 PC's disguised as consoles to the market and lose 4 billion dollars. The only reason they're still here is because they have money to burn and apparently they like burning it. They offer nothing to us gamers. If the Xbox never came out, Halo would have been released on PC(like it was originally intended), Gears would have been on PC and probably the PS3, Ninja Gaiden would have been on gamecube, etc.

1) You obviously don't own a 360 and don't know what your talking about when you say it's original. You probably love your ps3.

2) Didn't Sony say the Wii mote would be a gimmick? Didn't MOST people say it would be a gimmick... (i think it is, but a very fun one).

3) The motion controls and blu ray rumours are rumours! Blu- ray still won't be used for games.

4) and now you think the 2 xbox's are pc's! I'm sorry dude, ps3 is equally a PC, you can even surf the net on it, AND PRE-INSTALL YOU GAMES!

So, instead of writing all that, you could have saved youself alot of effort in declaring how much you just hate the 360. My advice for any 360 owners reading this is to leave this thread and carry on playing our unoriginal game console lol

Yeah, Microsoft don't appear to offer anything new to the industry apart for HALO which is their most successful franchise, they should get their thinking caps on if they want to make it to another console.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

I agree on some points.

''Hadouken!''