By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anti-Wii "Month" continues. Enter Forbes

They just won't stop coming........

-SaviorX

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

mmm..i think anti-wii month is almost over, for now... maybe the next one will start in july....three days before e3...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

I posted this on the other thread.

It's kind of funny how they skew Pacter's words. This was from 3 days ago where Pachter basically says the Wii is going to kick ass.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18411

Pachter: Nintendo Set For Better Than Expected 2009

Pachter: Nintendo Set For Better Than Expected 2009 In his latest note to investors following Nintendo’s FY 2008 results, Wedbush Morgan’s Michael Pachter has said the company is “executing flawlessly,” adding that it has the potential to sell upwards of 40 million software units more than it has forecast.

“We believe that Nintendo’s software guidance is exceedingly conservative,” said Pachter, noting that while Nintendo expects to sell 177 million Wii software units, up from 119.6 million units the previous year, the console’s installed hardware base is expected to double.

“We think that the actual software shipment figure will be closer to 200 million," he said, "with a bias for upside," and noted that average price points in the forthcoming year will be higher as well, with the forthcoming Wii Fit priced 80 percent higher than the average Wii title.

Pachter reiterated his stance with Nintendo’s own DS predictions, as well, saying, “The company’s software forecast is not reasonable for the DS. Nintendo expects DS software sales to increase from 185.6 million units to 187 million, while expecting the DS installed base to go from 70.6 million to 98.6 million."

"Our best guess," he concluded, "is that the DS software unit figure will be closer to 210 million, particularly with games like Pokemon and Guitar Hero shipped during the year.”

kingwii said:
mmm..i think anti-wii month is almost over, for now... maybe the next one will start in july....three days before e3...

Now that would be something fun to look at XD

Bobbuffalo said:
kingwii said:

Now that would be something fun to look at XD

We won't have to wait that long ...

If the Wii outsells the HD consoles this upcomming week then we will hear "The market is being destroyed by the Wii!" on the other hand if either of the HD consoles outsells the Wii we will hear "The Wii is doomed!"

Around the Network

One great game is enough to turn the tides. Look at the Nintendo 64 8+ million sellers: Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Mario 64.
GTA IV will hurt the Wii, but it is FF XIII who will get the kill.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

It would be nice if, once and for all, the idea that somebody who writes an article is somehow more intelligent or accurate in their predictions simply because they work for a well-known magazine could be laid to rest. Last I checked, where a person works has zero impact on their ability to write a decent and accurate article. And to assume that they'll be held to a higher standard simply because who they write for is a widely distributed and respected source does not mean that this will be the case. Indeed, some of the biggest printing blunders in history have been in highly regarded magazines and journals.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Grand Theft Auto was a frontrunner unlike Wiifit, Mario kart Wii, SSBB, Mario and Sonic and Nintendogs, sure it have legs but not the same as the other games I mentioned so why the article says it will threaten the Wii? Wii can survive with Wii Sports alone, can GTA IV do that? After you finished the missions and sub missions you'll never play it again unlike Wii Sports. Sure, it have over 50 hours of gameplay but it doesnt mean that Grand Theft Auto games have infinite replayability like Wii Sports anyway.

This aricle was just the same Wii bashing we always read by Sony fanboys/M$ fanboys in the internet. It didnt deserve to be publicized I think M$ just paid Forbes to do that article.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I would like to argue that some of these reviewers are just playing off the hardcore vs. casual feud amongst the gaming community, but I just don't think they're that intelligent. IT's really funny to see what journalism looks like when you understand more then the "sophisticated" journalists.

^ I think Sean Malsrom was better better game analysts/journalists than these guys.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg