By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 18 (2008) gta 4 VS gta 4

Apparently everywhere received low initial shipments due to Italy being notorious for breaking street dates. Retailers were told if they broke the street date they wouldn't get any further shipments. So it's quite possible the numbers will be higher than the initial shipment.

Around the Network

The 100k and 60k numbers also correspond with expected sales for steady-selling games like Brain Training and Cooking Mama 1&2

I think GfK might release European week one GTA IV figures this week, probably after NPD release NA figures.

From Meristation:

GfK ha anunciado que pronto hará el balance de qué versión ha vendido más en Europa y en el mundo, aunque al primer interrogante creen "tener casi ya la respuesta viendo las primeras cifras, (a favor de PS3) más igualadas de lo que se esperaban, eso sí".

Google Translation:

GfK has announced that it will soon balance which version has sold more in Europe and the world, but believe the first question "have almost already seeing the initial response figures (for PS3) matched most of what was expected , Yes. "

Link

Incase GfK do release European data for GTA IV here's the UK & NA data:

US: 2.85m (NPD)
CA: 270k (NPD)
UK: 926k (Chart-Track)

= 4.046m

360:

US: 1.85m
CA: 162k*
UK: 513k

Total: 2.525m

PS3:

US: 1.0m
CA: 108k*
UK: 413k

Total: 1.521m

*Split estimated from US attach rates.

If GfK don't release data we'll have to just make do with Italy.

kamil said:
For Italy we know that initial GTA shipmeants for PS3 and X360 were 100k and 60k respectivly and X360 were sold out. So it's possible that X360 version will be at 60k and thus PS3 at around 100k. They could have been another shipmeans (and apperently were for PS3) so real numbers may be even higher.

I have added the numbers of prosugno in my post about Italy. The two numbers are less than you and BKK2 thought.

Around the Network

Not really less than what I thought, I just said it was possible for it to sell more than the initial shipment.

US: 2.85m (NPD)
CA: 270k (NPD)
UK: 926k (Chart-Track)
IT: 139k (GfK)

= 4.185m

360:

US: 1.85m
CA: 162k*
UK: 513k
IT: 51k

Total: 2.576m

PS3:

US: 1.0m
CA: 108k*
UK: 413k
IT: 87k

Total: 1.608m

PS3 sales doubled in Benelux according to Sony. They also claim a crazy attach rate of 50% (well, they say half, so it could be rounded up quite a bit). I think (could a Dutch speaker confirm?) they also claim the PS3 version outsold 360 version. Seeing as 360 version outsold the PS3 version first week in Netherlands that should mean PS3 version was top in Belgium.

Google translation:

PS3 sales in Benelux doubled by GTA IV

News | May 8, 2008 - With the release of Grand Theft Auto IV is the PlayStation 3 sales in the Benelux last week doubled. The sale has doubled compared to the previous week and even quadrupled compared to same period the previous year.
According to Sony Computer Entertainment Benelux countries, half of the PlayStation 3-holders in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg already purchased the game.

That would bring better game in this area are sold on the PlayStation 3 on the Xbox 360.

Link

@BKK: I think that there were some reports showing PS3 is stronger in Belgium than in Netherlands. When we take in account that in Nehterlands both versions of GTA4 were probably very close (as they switched in second week and than switched again in third) for whole Benelux it's nor surprising that PS3 version sold more.

France charts (the top 5):

http://www.sell.fr/spip.php?article57

TOP 5 CONSOLES

GTA IV
PS3
Take2
GTA IV
Xbox 360
Take2
Wii Fit + Balance Board
Wii
Nintendo
Mario Kart Wii + volant Wii Wheel
Wii
Nintendo
Wii play + télécommande
Wii
Nintendo

TOP 5 PC

Assassin’s Creed
Ubisoft
Call of duty 4 : Modern Warfare
Activision
Les Sims 2 : Quartier Libre Add-on
Electronic Arts
Counter strike
Electronic Arts
Les sims 2 : Kit Cuisine et Salle de Bain Design
Electronic Arts

^

GTA IV PS3 wins in France, no a surprise.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com