By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wow, we sure have some rabid OoT fans.

@MANUELF... yeah in ten years im sure ill be playing zelda... i hope not to be stuck at water temple.....again..jeje

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
All what say GTAIV is the best game ever will forgot it in ten years and OoT will be still considering the best game ever.

As much of a troll as I consider this guy, I can't completely disagree with this comment.  I think GTA will be forgottan before OoT.  I'm not saying it's right or not, but it seems true enough.

TheRealMafoo said:
I use "we" to mean the gaming community in general... and yes, VGChartz has some rabid OoT fans as well. I created a thread where I said, by todays standards, GTA4 (along with many other games) is better then OoT. I got flamed for 3 pages.

I would link it, but I don't want another three pages of flaming :p

I remember that thread, and your argument was fundamentally flawed.  By your logic, Hour of Victory would be a far better game than Super Mario World.  I seriously hope you don't believe that.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I use "we" to mean the gaming community in general... and yes, VGChartz has some rabid OoT fans as well. I created a thread where I said, by todays standards, GTA4 (along with many other games) is better then OoT. I got flamed for 3 pages.

I would link it, but I don't want another three pages of flaming :p

I remember that thread, and your argument was fundamentally flawed.  By your logic, Hour of Victory would be a far better game than Super Mario World.  I seriously hope you don't believe that.

I guess the easiest factor to measure games in the greatest of all time charts would be fun factor. SMW is still incredibly fun, was Hour of victory anywhere near as fun as that? If they are tied on fun factor then I guess it goes down to the others like graphics, lasting appeal, etc.

Baked to perfection.

Viper1 said:
Review - Saturday 12th April 2008

GTAIV - Tuesday 29th April 2008

A site that does retro reviews puts out a OoT review 2 WEEKS prior to GTA's launch and you're claiming conspiracy?

But everyone knew that the game would get amazing reviews. 

The hype was crazy.

We all knew that 10s would come out of the woodwork, I'd call their review a pre-emptive strike...  Why else review a 10 year od game?

Around the Network

^

Because they wanted to share their opinion? Have you read the review? I kinda like it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

DMeisterJ said:
Viper1 said:

A site that does retro reviews puts out a OoT review 2 WEEKS prior to GTA's launch and you're claiming conspiracy?

The hype was crazy.

We all knew that 10s would come out of the woodwork, I'd call their review a pre-emptive strike...  Why else review a 10 year od game?

They review a whole bunch of old games within the last few years, too.

Anyway, this whole GTAIV thing really has gotten out of hand... I would say there are just as much fanboyism coming from both sides, not just one. 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

DMeisterJ said:
Viper1 said:

The hype was crazy.

We all knew that 10s would come out of the woodwork, I'd call their review a pre-emptive strike... Why else review a 10 year od game?

Sarcasm...?

I mean that's about as much a stretch as GTA 4 getting extra points because it's not on the wii. People and websites often do retro reviews of old games that are great. They often use them as suggestions to retro gamers or people who would be interested in playing the classics.

I don't think anyone could of predicted GTA 4 would score so high, because everyoen figured it'd have the same unfinished un polished technical flaws every other GTA game has had. 

OOT is on the Wii shop right? Just based on that i'd expect a lot of extra reviews to pop up.

But that Thunderbold review was written like 2-3 weeks ago, before anyone knew about the critical acclaim GTA IV was getting.

Thread is an epic phail.

Well GTA IV is simply an iteration in the series with better tech (graphics\physics.) There is no REAL jump between san andreas and GTA IV in the gameplay arena.

OOT however was a massive leap forward in all departments, and revolutionized a genre.

OOT WILL go down in history as a "better" game (I don't even really understand how that is gauged. You had more fun at the time of release playing one game over the other? Its all way too abstract and unsubstantiatable) than GTA IV but in my opinion OOT isn't even the best Zelda game. I found TP, LttP, LA more enjoyable than OOT.

Though, i really don't care what the makority of video game nerds (a term I usie lovingly) say is the 'best game ever' today. Enjoy your games. That IS the point of them.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X