By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wow, we sure have some rabid OoT fans.

Nothing can beat OoT.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

No I just get tickled by 13 year olds who buy GTA IV and say best game ever, then reverberate it as better than Game X.

In this case OoT which came out when they were 3.

I wish they would get stuck in the water temple; in real life.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I think ten years from now people will look back. Those who have played through both GTA4 and OoT will most likely not even consider they're on the same level, as GTA4 was a great game but not as good as OoT.

Of course, I haven't played all the way through GTA4 yet, so I can't fairly say it doesn't magically get super amazing at some point. The setting and scope of work Rock* put into the music alone is amazing.

GTA IV is not the best game out there graphically.
Thus it cannot be perfect.
So should it really be getting 10s?
Or is something else at work here?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Well, another point to make is part of the wow factor if you like for OoT was it was jumping from 2d to 3d. I think everyone that was playing games in those days would remember the opening sequence with Navi. Perhaps that was an unfair advantage, coming in such a critical point in the history of gaming, the HD consoles haven't done anything as earth shattering as that and I really don't know what else will - perhaps VR? 

And about the point regarding graphics, ah remember that great Nintendo game that portrays a fantastic looking city that looks and feels as if it is alive? Oh wait, no you don't. That is why it has a high graphical score. You can look at games like Okami that don't exactly push the polygon count, but push boundaries as far as art goes, and then look at GTA4. It also pushs boundaries, just in different ways. 

Baked to perfection.

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
No I just get tickled by 13 year olds who buy GTA IV and say best game ever, then reverberate it as better than Game X.

ROFL, thank you I needed a good laugh today. This earns you a friend request. Soooo funny when I picture some 13 years old stuck in the water temple and not knowing what to do.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Zelda OoT, Ftw... by the way i almost get stuck at water temple yesterday... again... Zelda is perfect.. after 10 years...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

No game should have an average over 89.9%. Therefore, Super Smash Bros Melee is the best score, as it has the highest score any game should ever have. So from a totally un-biased and objective view, SSBM is the best reviewed game ever.

Spike from Sporgantown.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

All what say GTAIV is the best game ever will forgot it in ten years and OoT will be still considering the best game ever.

dib8rman said:

I was 29 when OoT came out. Maybe that's why it never appealed to me, I was over the age of 15 :p

As for the review coming out two weeks before GTA… my fault, I didn’t notice. I just saw the game on the main page (thinking it was a list of most recently reviews games), clicked on it and saw the 2008 review. It didn’t dawn on my to look at the actually date.

So, please disregard this post. I was wrong to assume that’s why this review exists.