By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CNN claims GTA IV is training kids to kill

"CNN's Glenn Beck has launched an attack on Grand Theft Auto IV and modern pop culture, by saying that the game is helping train gamers to become killers, live on US television." full story LINK

What a load. Do you agree or Not

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Around the Network

Dont agree

there is already something wrong with the person long before they even start playing those games

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I agree...its true!
And im serious.
If Hitman and Manhunt 2 are too «hardcore and violent» for the society...so GTA4 must be in this case too...

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428

If it is, it's doing a crapy job. If I want to teach my kids to kill, I will use CoD4, or a Tom Clancy game. Those are much more realistic murder simulators.

Kids shouldn't be playing this 18+ game, naughty parents.

Of course I don't see how the combat system in GTA4 is any good at training anyone. I mean Time Crisis in Arcades is a better choice, those kids should play that, it has recoil and everything.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I watched the video, and I think he has it backwards. He should be thanking games like GTA, not hating them.

His premiss, is if you train someone to be capable of doing something, you have clouded there judgment. He's argument is when you are at war, people who play video games are better conditioned to shoot the enemy (sorry, but I think that's a good thing). In no way, does that then mean your going to use that conditioning to just go kill someone.

if that were the case NRA members would have a high rate of violent crime, and gun crime by NRA members is almost non existent. It's orders of magnitude lower then the average.

In his example, during WWII, the military had condition it's solders to be better killing machines then the average population. If his theory is true, WWII vets should of had a higher murder rate in the US when the war was over. That was not the case either.

Sorry, but I think it's a very bad assessment.

Lol, these jokers love to bitch and moan on TV. They never tire of it either, but I tire of them...

Yeah it teaches kids how to kill and how to escape from the police: Just get out of the circle area in the radar!

GTA4: The Real Murder Simulator.

Isn't Glen Beck that loudmouth asshole who's pretty much just payed to say annoying populist crap just like that?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

As much as I love the Glenn Beck show, I believe that his premise for his argument against GTA IV is slightly off track. While the game is ultra-violent there is no way short of added boot-camp DLC and testing kids for psych effects to say that it is doing harm.