By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 more screenshots from Fable 2 (RPG of the year, 2008) (IMUO)

@dabaus513

Your actually serious about those comments. Proxy combat is huge right now. Consumers are really into having pets fight for them. They like it even better when the pet is terribly adorable. Anyone on these forums can list off all the games that prove that this formula is sickeningly popular. From key chain pets to the sickeningly sweet Pokemon. From Nintendogs to Worlds of Warcraft. Pets are just in, and they sell like mad.

I can understand if you do not like the concept. Thankfully the game does give you the option to abandon your pet. However it is a very popular game concept, and you really cannot pretend that is not the case. People just dig having cute cuddly pets that they can sick on their enemies, and the more needy the pet is the more they really dig it.

The dog actually terrifies me a little bit. They have designed it to entirely play upon your emotions, and trigger your nurturing instincts. Players are going to become terribly attached to their pet. The concept is insidious, innocuous, and entertaining. Before you know it your going to find yourself bonded to this fictional creations well being.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
While the screenshots definitely are pretty I learned long ago to not put my faith in Moly...however you spell his name. I'll believe that the game delivers on everything he says it does when I see it.

I agree and desagree at the same time... molyneux.... never provides what he says.... but because he is too ambitious.... at the end his games still have an edge that other game don't have... or at least introduce new ideas or concept.... Fable 1 wasn't what we expected but still had some really good ideas in it....it's my opinion... I think molyneux does provide good games anyway but often far less advance than he wants...

Molyneux hasn't come out and claimed anything overly dramatic this time, and everything he has promised he has already shown running in-game....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It looks good, but not that great.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Hmm isnt Fable a adventure game? like zelda ? minus all the puzzels

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

No Fable is an RPG. RPG of the year to be exact.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I've heard enough of Molyneux's BS about Fable 1, and after wasting my time beating it, and not getting anything he promised, I think I'll reserve judgment on this game for a while.

It may be good, but Molyneux has a habit of doing this with games... *Cough* Black and White, Fable *cough*

looks decent, although i dont trust developer high res screenshots, the final game never never looks as it does in the teaser screens.

but could turn out ok, we will have to wait to find out wether its been worth the wait to play Fable or Failble

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

To everyone complains how Fable 1 didn't deliver on Molyneux's grandiose claims... WHO CARES!? The game rocked in it's own right.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yeah I noticed the strange leaves, looks like a shoddy scan froma magazine (probably is in that particular one).
I liked Fable, it was kind of different, but the there was way too much unused scope on the whole concept.
Fable 2 will hopefully bring bigger areas, more in depth RPG elements and lastly a lot better AI.