By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Good news, Valve will developing a game on the wii! Hint; kiddy game

you people need to stop complaining im pretty confident what ever game it is it gone be atleast decent i mean its Valve....i prefer a good kiddy game by valve over a shitty M game by unproven developers

Around the Network

Nice can't wait to see what it is.

RolStoppable said:
Actually this doesn't sound that bad. I have yet to play a good Valve game, maybe this Wii game turns out to be some cool stuff. 

Also. Valve MMO.  Could you imagine? Blizzard vs Valve.  Epic battle of the the PC gods.  The universe would implode on itself. 

I can see plenty of potential directions Valve could go in. Something like Peggle would translate well to the Wii although motion sensing or the pointer functions would not be necessary.

If they want to come up with something special for the Wii, then it will likely have a very clever implementation of the remote. It would work well as a controller for the Gravity Gun or the Portal Gun or something entirely new. They're pretty creative in that department.

As for how a G-gun or something similar would be used, I'm thinking a puzzle type game along the lines of Portal. Something that doesn't necessarily require a lot of hardware resources to run smoothly and look presentable, but relies heavily upon puzzle solving, platform style gaming and solid game play.

There are plenty of directions Valve could go in with this, but the key is going to be how original they are when implementing remote use. I would really like to see something clever since it is so rare when the key strength of the Wii (motion sensing and IR tracking) is used optimally.

windbane said:
trestres said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
more

shovelware

banned

again

tell me he wasn't banned for that comment. Come on...

First: He dissed Valve on a site where the moderators are overwhelmingly PC gamers.

Second: I think those mods are getting tired of the Wii shovelware horse getting pummeled with a pnuematic hammer.

And finally: I think he's had his warning(s). 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
RolStoppable said:
Actually this doesn't sound that bad. I have yet to play a good Valve game, maybe this Wii game turns out to be some cool stuff.

Exactly, the Wii needs a few kiddie games.  After the likes of Trauma Center 2 and Fire Emblem, we need some games the reviewers can play without whining about the difficulty.

Well Nintendo did try, but even Mario Kart was too hard.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The only thing that excited me in that post was the mention of Portal 2... otherwise the rest is garbage. (to me anyway)

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I have yet to play a good Valve game....sorry for saying that but its true.

I played Half-Life on the PS2 kinda but that was years ago and I can't really remember if I was actually enjoying it. Because I was playing it with my cousin. At the time all I cared about on the PS2 was GTA III and WWE Smackdown!: Just Bring It!

I think Portal rings the bell for the Wii. I would love to see that game on the Wii.

good for the kids, bad for me. Valve is an awesome developer and I would hope they concentrate on some adult games. But it sounds more like a hobby.

I have yet to play a good Valve game.

so you haven't played a Valve game? The original HL on PS2 doesn't count.

I don't like the fact that a developer is saying that they would like to make a kids game so it's perfect for the Wii. I respect Valve as a developer but this is the wrong attitude to have. The Wii is a system where you can try something different because the control scheme and the fan base are different. Yes, there are more children that play the Wii then any of the three current generation consoles, but that's not the entire fan base. So what does Valve plan on making? A Teletubbies game or something? I wouldn't mind them making a game like Monkey Ball or Zack and Wiki, but those aren't really kids games, now are they?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger